Showing 47 responses by 730waters

Amon Duul 2  - Live in London
Wishbone Ash - Live Dates
Yes - Tales from topographic ocean
Rory Gallagher - Calling Card
Rory Gallagher - Blue Print
Amon Duul 2 - The best of 1969 - 1974
Hey Spiritofradio,

Glitter Wizards are very interesting to say the least. It is a late 60's based music cross bread with Hyper Techno energy. There are so many cross genre influences that shape their diversity of songs. It makes you feel like you are on an old time roller coaster, you hold on with both hands and just enjoy the ride.
Spiritofradio  -  I have had a bunch of major health issue and a death in the immediate family. Between hospital stays and doctors appointments, I haven't listened to too much music. Nektars concert kinda put me back into the listening mode. I have several more months of treatment, but the good thing is I have tickets for the Frank Marino and Mahogany Rush concert at the Rams Heads in Annapolis in April. SO , I am looking forward to trying to catch up on some music in the next few months.
Grannie  -  Grannie  1971
Rush  -  1st Album
Rush  - Fly by Night
Nektar  - Live in New York

Spiritofradio  -  I saw Nektar last Thursday night at a club in Kennett Square, Pa.  I saw them back in the late 70's and saw what is left of the band. They still sound great !!
Nils Lofgren  -  S/T

Nils Lofgren  -  Cry Tough

Mitch Ryder & Detroit Wheels  -  Greatest Hits

Frank Marino  -  Full Circle

Wishbone Ash  -  There's the Rub
Farm and Sir Lord are great albums that are timeless works of art.

"spiritofradio"  Great selections
Billy Lee Janey  -  Blues Power
Billy Lee Janey  -  Gimme some lightin
Billy Lee Janey  -  No Saints Ringin the Bells
Truth and Janey  -  Live 1976

Birth Control Live

Bullet Entrance to Hell

Lucifers Friend  -  S/T
JIMMY PAGE Burn Up 

Elf  S/T

San Francisco Medicine Ball   -  Slow Boat to China

Quicksilver Messenger Service   -  Anthology

Rory Gallagher  -  Stage Struck
Quick Silver Messenger Service -  Happy Trails

Weather Report  -  Weather Report  1971

Birth Control  -  Hoodoo Man

Kraftwerk  -  Autobahn
During the time of the 1st Van Halen album, there were so many new rock bands that changed the whole structure of Rock music. You had Judas Priest "Sad Wings of Destiny", Yesterday and Todays 1st album, Ronnie Montrose, Edgar Winters, Led Zeppelin Black Sabbath and many other band that took music to the music to the next level. A lot of this music was feel good music. When you listened to these albums they made you want to get up and become part of the music. You had the Scorpions, UFO, Riot, Granicus that all had the most incredible technology for mixing and engineering their albums that we were treated to some of the great recordings that we enjoy today. 
Spiritofradio - The band Stryder that you mentioned is different that the English Band Strider. Look up Strider "Misunderstood" and the 1st album Strider  "Exposed", with the song Esters Place on it. There isn't any correlation between them and Van Halen.  As for Van Halen other than the Sammy Hagar years, they were just like any other bubble gum radio spot music band.

Also check out Hard Stuff  - Bullet Proof and their 2nd album Bolex Dementia. There original band name was Bullet until they changed labels.

I don't know if you are familiar with Gary Moore's band Skid Row that was out long before the Hair band Skid Row. Gary Moore that when he was 18 years old did an album called 34 hour and his album Skid Row. This was the dawning of a great guitarist that traversed several genre of music and did them really well.

Look up Tempest Live album if you haven't heard it.

Are you familiar with 3 Man Army,  Bull Angus, Highway Robbery - For the love of money, Sir Lord Baltimore, Ursa Major (Dick Wagner}, Mitch Ryder with Detroit. 

I have listened to Tempest albums from when they were 1st released

I saw Robin Trower 4 times in the last 43 years and his show are never disappointing.
Fat Mattress was good with Noel Redding. The 2nd album not so much. They had a sound in the same style as Blind Faith. You made a great score with the Fat Mattress Album.
Two other albums that If you haven't heard is Universe S/T 1971 and Noel Reddings band Road 1st and only album. It was a concept album that was definitely ahead of its time but still sounds good today.
Have you ever listened to Strider 1st album or their 2nd album Misunderstood ? If not give them a listen, I think that you will like them.
This music fits in with the old Vangelis, Robert Calvert, Starcastle and Rick Wakemans solo albums. They take you on a journey and let you drift off into another realm. The precursor to this music had band light Birth Control, Babe Ruth, Frumpy and Epitaph all doing the electronic, blues space rock which was heavily influenced by the Kraut rock explosion of the early 70's

Spiritofradio - I appreciate the new albums that you have introduced me to. When I was younger I never listened to a lot of the popular sounds that were on the radio. Myself and my friends were heavily into the British and German underground music movement. The more modern Pink Faires, Camel, Granicus, Bang, Dust and Tempest were more of the widely known music in our time.
Demon Fuzz - Has many cross over sounds of Chicken Shack, Cream, Nice and a King Crimsom genre. This is reminiscent of the late 60's music that didn't take off like the Haight- Asbury music explosion. This is what the sounds were in the out of the way clubs that still had Arthur Brown and many pre early genesis roll outs sounds dominating the music.
I saw Chick Corea back around 82 at a small club called the Pearl Ballroom. In a 3 week period Chick Corea, NRBQ and Brand X all played at the club. All 3 shows were great for a small venue.
Khruangbin reminds me of back in 69 - 75 with all of the music changes with Kraut Rock. You had Hawkwind, Van Der Graph Generator, Brand X, Nektar and many more bands that brought this music to us. This band and their sound shows that people still know how to play music.

"Spiritofradio"   Thank You very much for the link.
The Seeds  -  The Seeds S/T   -  Pushin To Hard

Leaf Hound  -  Growers of Mushrooms
Nektar  - Live in New York

Lord Sutch & Heavy Friends -  Hands of Jack the Ripper

Bang  -  Music
Foghat  -  1st Album

Foghat  -  Rock and Roll

Climax Blues Band  - Shine On

Climax Blues Band  -  FM Live
Lord Sutch and Heavy Metal Friends

Chicken Shack  -  100 Ton Chicken

Chicken Shack  -   Accept

Joe Cocker  -  Mad Dogs and Englishmen
The Montrose 1st album - Remastered and expanded version is  a relatively new release 2017. it is a 2 album gatefold album. The 1st album is the remix of the original album. The 2nd album is studio out takes of studio songs that some have never been released. The remix sounds very good.
Jethro Tull  -  Aqualung   -  Steve Wilson Remix
Kansas  -  1st album
Chicken Shack  - 40 Blue Fingers Freshly Packed & Ready To Serve
Montrose  -  Remastered and Expanded Edition
Chicken Shack  - The Complete Blue Horizon Edition on CD (Christine Perfect & Stan Webb)
Chicken Shack  -  100 ton Chicken
Chicken Shack  -   O..K. Ken
Back Street Crawler
Mahogany Rush  -  IV
Mahogany Rush  - World Anthem
Supertramp  -  Breakfast in America
Supertramp  -  The Early Years
Three Man Army  - A Third of A Lifetime
UFO - Phenomenom
Doobie Brothers - Toulouse Street 
Journey  - Next
David Bowie  - Diamond Dogs
Yesterday & Today  - Struck Down
Deep Purple  - Machine Head
Mahogany Rush  - Strange Universe
Mahogany Rush  -  Child of The Novelty
ELF  - Trying to Burn The Sun
ELF  -  L.A. 59
Journey   _ Next
I have never listened to Trickster, but I will check them out. Thanks for something new to try.
Tempest  -  Live
Bull Angus  -  Free for All
Tucky Buzzard  -  Allright on the Night
YES  - Time and a Word
Yes   -  Fragile
Skid Row  - #34 Hours   -  Gary Moore
Three Man Army   -   A Third of a Liftime
Highway Robbery  -  For The Love of Money
Pink Faires  -  Never, Never Land
Bang  -  Bow to the King
Rory Gallagher  -  The Story So Far
Sammy Hagars  -  New album
Here are a few to remember:  Leslie West, Ronnie Montrose, Gary Moore "Skid Row", Wayne Anderson "Granicus", Martin Pugh "Armageddon", Rick Emmett "Triumph", Rusty Burns "Point Blank", Mick Devenport " Nutz" (not much on the album, but great live). There were a lot of very good to great guitarist during the seventies and the above list doesn't even scratch the surface.
I saw Aerosmith back in the early 70's at the Baltimore Civic Center and he played some good solo's, But, I don't think that he could hold a candle to Dick Wagner.  One of the best guitarist that I have seen was Frank Marino, back in 1976, I saw him 2 nights in a row at the old Hollywood Palace just outside of Baltimore and that just blew me away. I will check into Tahoniko. The "Foot in Cold Water" was a good album but never really got any air play. 

There was a record store out of Van Nuys, CA. that sent me fliers every couple weeks and specialized in new and obscure music. That is where I learned of many of great bands that most people have never been exposed to.
I have never heard of Pacific NW Band. I will have to research them. I love my old school music.

Frumpy  - By The Way
Sir Lord Baltimore  - 1st album
Babe Ruth -  1st Base
Gun  - Pre Three Man Army - Gurvitz Brothers
Geordie - Hope You Like It
Detroit with Mitch Ryder

Tried to enjoy the last of the holiday remembering when I got most of these albums when they first came out. 
Dust  -  1st album   - Pre  Ramones
Dust  - Hard Attack - Pre Ramones
Ursa Major - Dick Wagner
Tempest  -  1st Album
Tempest  -  Living in Fear
 Road  -  Noel Redding

It is nice to have a day to sit back and relax to good music.......
Climax Blues Band  - FM Live
Climax Blues Band  - tightly Knit
Rory Gallagher  - Irish Tour "74"
Wishbone Ash  - Live Dates