Acoustic treatment

I want to build my own bass traps and was wondering if there are any other alternatives to fiberglass and rokwool. Foam is not a consideration as I don't believe it has the necessary qualities for absorption. I have heard of cotton batting, does anyone have experience with this material. The idea of fiberglass makes me itch just thinking about it, but I'm resigned to using it or rokwool if that's all I have.  Please make suggestions and let me know your experiences.

Thanks
Mike
zardozmike
Who cares? I know you keep saying that. It simply doesn’t apply here. You can’t use it to explain everything. Anymore than repeating over and over, the sky is blue. Even if you say it a hundred times, which you actually have. Remember, one of us has a theoretical fluid dynamics and physics background. The other doesn’t? Go peddle your theory someplace else. How about visiting the library and come up with some new material?
Particle motion in various shapes, mass, density and material is what makes for the change in the solids that causes the air molecules to move and collide. That collision is what we hear..shear wave and particle wave motion in rubber or steel is the precurrsor to the audible. Their different particle motion and velocity potential stimulates the air and makes their resulting sound output indiviual and distinct. When you have different materials like the Resonators touching a different surface shape like drywall..then you will have shear waves traveling traveling in different direction and speeds changing the air motion and vibrational speed which again makes for a different sound result..Look some more Geoff.
Tom

You’re stuck in a rut. You need professional help. Deprogrammers are standing by 😳 😳 😳 😳
Sounds as if you don't understand nor care to learn about the origins of sounds in materials and the resulting sound in air. Tom
Deprogrammers are standing by. You can’t use that shear velocity baloney for everything. You can’t use it for isolation, much less tiny little bowls. It’s a nice day. Go out and get drunk.

“If I could explain it the average person they wouldn’t have given me the Nobel prize.”