Who can dance?

Not exactly a tech topic but dancing is an important aspect of music for a lot of people......including my wife.

Sadly, in our 30+ years of marriage I have never been what you’d call a dancer. Danced some in college for obvious reasons and with the necessary inhibition suppressor.

My wife likes to shag. And for those of you from across the pond it is not what you think......the shag is a type of dance that originated on the U.S. east coast and is associated with beach music bands. It is in the standard dance inventory across most of the south.

Well, as a joke one day I told my wife I’d learn the shag if she gave me the nod to get a drum kit. Well, I got a drum kit and I’m learning.......slowly........to dance to beach music. The shag also works for most R&B and even swing music.

Any of the rest of you music lovers know how to or enjoy dancing?

I’m the living model of two left feet. And last weekend we were dancing and I was pathetic and started laughing because all I could think about was Dr. Frankenstein’s monster in Young Frankenstein........Puttin’ on the Ritz!
n80
Post removed 
Post removed 
Heh.  Last night I was at the opening party for an exhibition marking the 50th Anniversary of the Stonewall Riots.  Rollerena was there, along with many other important activists, and disco was blaring.  Naturally, as my wife is the Museum Directors, we were expected to get in and dance.  You know, you have a few quick drinks and start moving...
@bdp24 - Funny you should mention slam dancing at  Ramones concert. I have a similar story.

Saw the Ramones at the Akron Agoro back in the early '80's. Was down in the pit and everyone was slamming. My eyeglasses got knocked off and fell on the floor. Finally found them, but they had been stepped on and smashed. One of the lenses was missing. I put them in my shirt pocket and watched the rest of the show.

Later when I got in my car to drive home, I pulled the glasses out of my pocket to inspect the damage. Funny thing was....

They were someone else's glasses.....
Went to see The Struts in Charlotte about a week ago with my wife, my son and his wife. No real slam dancing but the most of the room is crowded tight and jumping up and down and such and we were only a few rows back. Some chick bashed into me a couple of times but she was cute so I didn't mind. A guy in front of us knocked my daughter-in-law's glasses off and they got crushed. About twenty minutes later same guy knocked her belt buckle off.

We all still had a good time.