Cary 306 Professional vs. Marantz SA11S3

I am trying to make a decision on 2 SACD/CD players: The Cary Audio 306 Professional, which retails for $8,000 and the Marantz SA11S3, which retails for $4,000. I can purchase the Cary Audio for 50% at least, so it puts it at the same price point as the Marantz. The Cary was made a while back, while the Marantz is newer. However, I am trying to discern in terms of quality, build, and CD performance, which is the more superior? I've read some great things on the Marantz, though there were very little comparisons to other CD player options. Looks like the Audio Research CD8 kind of sets the standard, but at $10,000, it is way out of my price range. So what about the Cary vs. the Marantz? Looking for a player with no listening fatigue (which neither players really have at all), detail, resolution, clarity with neutral to slight warmth. Something very musical while retrieving as much detail as possible in this price range. Much appreciation.

My system is Primaluna Dialogue HP Premium Integrated Tube Amp & Sonus Faber Olympica III speakers. Thanks!
djfst
Thanks Dtc, that also helps me, and reflects my experience. After reading your post, I looked back, and thought to myself that is what I've been hearing, the first button (labeled Digital) doesn't make a difference, the second button, (labeled Analog) occasionally does make a difference. I'm trying to figure what it is about the CD's that are improved, over those who are not. So far I can't find any trends, just that some do, and some very little, and some no real improvement. Whether the are AAD, or DDD, sure isn't it, but it's still nice when I press the button and it does make a difference.
And I realize this thread / post is old, but if anyone is looking to buy a used Cary and came across this thread as I did,  be advised that Cary no longer services this product (the 306); no parts they say. So if your laser is defunct, the drive system is causing you fits or whatever, you may well be out of luck. But Marantz still services their older CDPs as they make / build a lot of their own parts or have sources still making them for them. FYI...
Post removed 

By chance, does anybody here have a schematic diagram for the Cary CD 306/200 player ? I have a wounded player and cannot move forward without the schematic. Cary seems very indiferent to my problem since this is a used machine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.