Cary 306 Professional vs. Marantz SA11S3

I am trying to make a decision on 2 SACD/CD players: The Cary Audio 306 Professional, which retails for $8,000 and the Marantz SA11S3, which retails for $4,000. I can purchase the Cary Audio for 50% at least, so it puts it at the same price point as the Marantz. The Cary was made a while back, while the Marantz is newer. However, I am trying to discern in terms of quality, build, and CD performance, which is the more superior? I've read some great things on the Marantz, though there were very little comparisons to other CD player options. Looks like the Audio Research CD8 kind of sets the standard, but at $10,000, it is way out of my price range. So what about the Cary vs. the Marantz? Looking for a player with no listening fatigue (which neither players really have at all), detail, resolution, clarity with neutral to slight warmth. Something very musical while retrieving as much detail as possible in this price range. Much appreciation.

My system is Primaluna Dialogue HP Premium Integrated Tube Amp & Sonus Faber Olympica III speakers. Thanks!
djfst

Showing 1 response by cvman