To Equi-Core or Not to Equi-Core? That is the question!

I'm now ready to upgrade my  power conditioner. I've been reading the posts about the Equi-Core 1800 and the recent problems of Core Power Technologies. changing ownership. It seems that they are now under more stable ownership (Underwood Wally). Besides the good reviews by pros and owners, the size meets my requirements. I don't have rack space for a full width (19") unit.  Otherwise I may spring for a Furman. But The EC seems to be quite a good bang for the buck ($$$). I know there have been some changes to the build. So the question is are they for the better? I'd be glad to hear from owners of the EC 1800 or those in the know. Thanks

arte
128x128artemus_5
@erik_squires  Yes I d go for the reference series. However I don't have rack space for it. I'm stuck with a power strip type in back of the rack or the EC 1800 which will fit in the available space
Fwiw I have wondered about putting the Furman on it's side in back of my rack. Any thoughts?
I own the 1800 for a few years without any problems plus it sounded better than my previous PS Audio P3. It’s a bargain for his asking price.