Zu Soul Superfly

I just ordered a pair of the new Zu speakers on a whim. I was going to wait for information, but the fact that they threw in the free superfly upgrades to the first 30 people got me.

From a similar thread it sounds like some of you guys have heard the speaker despite information only being released today. I'm wondering what you can share about it?

Also, I am really hoping it works with a Firstwatt F1 amplifier. Can anyone comment as to that? I know the Druid's and Essences worked OK.
gopher
Yikes! Glad I early adopted. They're worth every penny at that price, but I don't have that many pennies for the hobby at the moment...

Whats going on with Srajan's review? It's been hanging at 'more in due time' for months.
The 6 moons review has been binned. He's taken his bat home because he couldn't get a review pair soon enough. No one else seems to have done the same so there may be something else to it. I emailed to query and got a response which hasn't been published on the site but there was a hint of arrogance IMHO in the suggestion, however accurate, that he had a role in breaking Zu worldwide. It inferred, perhaps unintentionally, that there ought to have been different treatment. Zu however appear to rightly be prioritising customer orders which appear to have considerably exceeded even their best hopes so I for one am quite comfortable with that.

However, I've still not got my pair...
Does binned mean it was pushed to the back burner or that it was nixed all together? It sounds like the latter.

That is too bad if its been nixed. It seems demand is truly overwhelming production and that there is a queue of paying customers waiting for a pair. Tough choice for Zu--furthering their commercial interest or satisfying their customers. I respect their choice.

That said, I really like Srajans' reviews and have bought a number of pieces over the years based on his endorsements as I feel I have similar sonic priorities to his. His Druid review was what made me consider Zu in the first place.

I guess we will see where the chips fall on this one. Thanks for the info.

Also, where the heck are all the owners? Didn't the very first run include more than thirty pairs (early adopter run)?
Actually, the reason I cancelled the review is that the preview which went live when Zu first solicited the review was live for far too many months. By the time an actual review pair was finally supposed to ship in October plus the time it would take to write the review, it would have been an 8-9 months delay.

I thus deleted the preview. The function of our previews is not to hang in endless limbo after all. Because I've personally reviewed a great number of Zu speakers already, I decided to sit this one out. With the demand this model generated, Zu needs to first take care of its paying customers. Mahughes is quite mistaken thinking that we expect preferential treatment and cancel reviews if we don't get it. That's rubbish.

We do expect to be kept in the loop when we make space in our tight schedules for any review solicitation and for whatever reason review samples don't manifest in the agreed upon time frame. In this case, Zu simply initiated things prematurely.

It's no big deal. Eventually review samples will become available and there's quite a list of assigned writers listed on the Zu website already.