Zu Soul Superfly

I just ordered a pair of the new Zu speakers on a whim. I was going to wait for information, but the fact that they threw in the free superfly upgrades to the first 30 people got me.

From a similar thread it sounds like some of you guys have heard the speaker despite information only being released today. I'm wondering what you can share about it?

Also, I am really hoping it works with a Firstwatt F1 amplifier. Can anyone comment as to that? I know the Druid's and Essences worked OK.
gopher
What is the difference in sound between1 and 2 x1uf mundorf silver oils? I have a single mundorf 1uf on my Druid Mk4/08 tweet
Ha,

I can assure you little will reduce my hard on right now :) Mind you, you people across the pond do seem prone to premature ejaculation. If I'd had a speaker two weeks I'd be letting it bed in and seeing how things warm up rather than thinking of changing caps :)

Thanks for all that Kemp88. It's all adding to the picture.

I'm wondeing if we can tempt some of the purchasers below your number to step out of the darknesss.

Mike
You could be waiting months for the Zu's to bed in, although this time of year is better for running speakers in, then when it is cold.

I suspect the other 8 or 9 owners are lying comostose in their listening chairs, surrounded by CD's and Albums, having forgotten to eat and drink due to their state or euphoria produced from their Zu Soul Superfly's ;)

James
Hey Bill,

Don't you think the AA PX-25 would rock the Souls? I have a hard time believing not. As everyone knows that is one ballsy amp that can respectfully drive ~90 dB/6-ohm nominal speakers.

That said, talk of amp "requirements" are next to meaningless without establishing room size & volume requirements. It is surprising that so many such discussions go on here without giving those critical parameters their due. Everyone knows that the guy who wants 95 dB needs 10x the power of the guy who is quite happy at 85 dB!

IME a beefy 2A3 amp drove the Druid quite well.