Sound quality issues streaming from Tidal vs CD

I am hoping someone familiar with streaming from Tidal might be able to help.

I have recently installed the Pro-Ject Streambox S2 Ultra, which is a small Raspberry Pi based network bridge. I connect this to my router via ethernet cable and to my Vitus DAC (which is part of the CD player) via USB. My CD player obviously outputs through the same DAC.

The sound quality from CD is so much better than the sound quality from Tidal (I am a Tidal Hifi subscriber).

So my questions are:

1. Is this just a feature of streaming via the internet, it simply is not as good as a good quality CD transport?
2. Or is it an issue with the Pro-Ject - would something like the Autralic Aries G2 (also a network bridge with no DAC) which costs 6 times the price of the Pro-Ject, improve the Tidal stream?
3. Or is it the fact that the USB cable I am using is an entry-level £10 cable?
4. Or is it Tidal? - would Qobuz sound better?

Any advice or knowledge would be welcome.
128x128duckworp
I have been listening to Radio Paradise for the last week and I have concluded it sounds better than Tidal, and I am a big fan of Tidal. RP is free, allows 5 levels of streaming, I am using FLAC. Have learned of new artists I really like and it has a couple of channels to choose from. It really sounds great through my new Yggie. 
I would like some feedback regarding my present setup please. I have Verizon FIOS with their Quantum Gateway G1100 that feeds Ethernet signal over the coax in the house. I then receive the signal via their Network extender (Actiontec WCB6200Q) that has 2 Ethernet ports to my Lumin d1. I use cat 6 to my Lumin and HT receiver. I also have an SBooster power supply on the Lumin d1. Lumin products have galvanic isolation but a thought was to buy ifi ipower supplies for the Verizon products? Thoughts?
its the same for me Duck boy    But for me Tidal HiFi
 is just easier i can skip around and not have CD,s
all over the floor   CD,s
blow away that  mid fi audio equipment.   i have
the Yeggy DAC with same price Streamer and USB
wire with great P. Cond.
I stream Qobuz with my IPad into a Marantz integrated amp xx17 and into my Sonus Faber Grand Piano speakers. Excellent to the point that it is equal listening a good sacd. Way superior to Apple Music. Good selection of classical music.