Benchmark AHB2 - To 'mono' or not to 'mono'

I own a single Benchmark AHB2 amp and have been considering another in order to run both in bridged mono mode, which will provide significantly more power to my speakers and presumably, greater dynamics. I've read in other threads where other owners (and perhaps others with opinions) had implied both positive and negative impressions concerning this approach. Assuming I'm not considering purchasing other amps at this time, does anyone have experience with both approaches and will you please share your impressions?
wwoodrum
I might consider an Audioquest product, but since the AHB2 only accepts XLR, those would be an issue. Call me crazy, but a guy who invests in Nordost cables has no business buying a Chinese splitter for $10.99 on eBay without some nice references from others. I suspect the improvement from vertical bi-amping might be obscured by the crappy cable in the middle.

I am going with the opinions of those who say they’ve done it.
And yes, my speaker cables (Frey 2) were more than the amp and worth every penny. 
Post removed 
wwoodrum, do not chintz out and get the AQ splitters. If you have considerable funds in your system, get a superior product. Having compared directly several times in several systems the AQ splitters (RCA) to various Y cables (I have also compared the AQ RCA Y cables, and they are average), I suggest you get a superior product, namely the Audio Sensibility Y Cables. 

I reviewed the Audio Sensibility Y cables, both XLR and RCA for Dagogo.com in connection with my Schroeder Method of Interconnect Placement (which I have done with the Mono Benchmark amps- revolutionizes their performance), and continue to use them. They are superb and worth the money. You will have superior sound quality using the Audio Sensibility Y cables. Yes, they are much more expensive, but are much better. I would not skimp on that.

I am not attempting to make this a bash George thread, as I have seen him give good advice. But in this particular detail I believe my advice is better, obviously because I have extensive experience.

You can elect to have AQ manufacture some custom XLR Y cables for you from the cable of your choice. That is not cheap at all, possibly far more expensive than the Audio Sensibility Y cables. They might outperform, but that is not a given. The AQ Y cables I had made are far more stiff and that creates issues in some setups where you have to bend the Y cable. Given these options you would be wise to avoid the hard splitters. I have used other splitters as well, and prefer Y cables holistically.  

In conclusion, you have several more significant steps to yield higher performance. You have not yet come close to maximizing the potential of the AHB2. You will also want to pay attention to power cords on the amps, even though -as you might suspect - some declare that it makes no difference. It does.

Anyway, it's on now to the all important listening session!   :)