Affordable alternativ to the PS Audio DirectStream DAC

I have borrowed a DirectStream DAC from my dealer very nice of him because he knows that I can't afford it (:
I have to say it is everything I have ever wanted from a streamer/dac. Music just pouring out of my speakers, real sweet music.

Voices just sounds so real, everything is in place, there are details but not in your face. I just love it. This is like music should sound.

I am using it with a PrimaLuna HP integrated. Very nice combo.

The DirectStream DAC junior is discontinuing and I can't get my hands on a used one.

If you have heard the DirectStream DAC and know of another dac sounding as musical -- let me know   
martin-andersen
https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lis9e6fa-ps-audio-directstream-dac-da-converters

here is one on sale here on AG for $3900. i have one of these; it is the cornerstone of my system. with the frequent os upgrades it is like having a new component every year os so. i would buy another one if building a new system
If you live in Denmark you could look for Soekris dacs. Some of them have very good reviews and are below $2000. I just checked and the Soekris 1541 is around $1300 (1150 EUR).

http://www.soekris.dk
[Edit: pricing info]

Denafrips received some bad reviews IIRC.
No, you are not recalling correctly, jburidan. Certainly not for the Terminator. Just search around for all the reviews, comparisons and awards. 
Sorry all, I couldn’t let this wrong recall sit there since it’s right at the top of the thread.
So back to the subject at hand... 
I’ve heard quite a few DACs and ended up with the Aqua Formula xHD with my first choice being the TotalDac 12 (but out of my current budget). The La Voce has the same Aqua house sound, detailed, natural, effortless with a massive 3D sound stage (better than TotalDac btw in this regard). I’ve also heard the PSAudio Directstream with the latest FW in a friend’s system and while it’s full bodied and has quite good PRAT I didn’t care for the artificially lush sound which might have masked some of the detail. The friend’s DAC was a Soekris which was a bit more detailed and accurate (not lush, not too thin). Another DAC I recently heard at a local dealer / friend is the LessLoss DAC which I believe uses the Soekris RtoR boards, and is a very natural, detailed, overall quite beautiful sounding DAC - recommended. Another RtoR to investigate (mentioned above) would be TotalDAC. Similar to the Aqua sound in some ways (effortless, very natural timbre, great PRAT) but different in that the TDs are a bit more lush but not as airy/3D as the Aqua. Both are excellent.

Also, to whomever commented that "RtoRs are all sounding the same", simply not true. Is there a theme whereby there is an effortless and naturalness inherit in most designs, yes. Do they sound the same, no. Listen to TotalDAC, Aqua, Aries Cerat, Soekris, Lessloss, etc. and you’ll hear significant differences but all stellar DACs.
Final note - whatever your short list becomes I highly recommend demoing the DACs in your system. Only you can decide and your system will play a significant role in how the DAC integrates to your liking (or not). Happy Listening!