Shocked removed spikes, used blue tack, what other non spike footer

My floor standing speakers, monitor stands always came with spikes so I used them always, it's the way they were designed at least I thought. I know everyone can't do this because of there floor type, mine is hardwood over concrete slab. Bass, more natural tone( I'm a tone junkie)  gives the music a nice rhythm, may just be flavor of month but I'm really enjoying it. Highs maybe little rolled off, I just did it yesterday, maybe not as hifi, but no lose of information. Have other people experienced this.Can someone with my floor type suggest a nice reasonable priced non spiked footer, these are floorstander filled with shot so pretty heavy,maybe 70- 80 lb. thanks

paulcreed
I've always used spikes and this has peaked my interest.  My Nola Boxers sit atop  24" sand filled stands with blu tack in each corner of the stands top plate. the stands are spiked through thick carpet to a concrete slab. I don't have any furniture movers but I have rubberized 3" squares that I'm going to replace the spikes with. should be interesting.
What drew my interest to remove spikes was Music Direct sent me a catalog of just loudspeakers displayed. The Revel Performa F228Be $1000.00 towers has no spikes just a plastic or rubber base surrounding the speaker, in fact all there speakers displayed had no spikes. I had some Joseph Audio towers it had a base with small screws holding it on with spikes then mounted to base maybe best of both worlds, I don't know. I never knew what an impact spikes make. We spend all this money on cables, platforms, cartridges, tubes to bring out the best and then to find spikes in my system leaned everything out. I still feel in need to find a happy medium between blue tak and spikes, system feel like it lost a little air, even with that loss I'm enjoying things more with blue tak. I always heard if you have carpet you have to pierce through to get to get best sound,sounds like that's could be up for debate also.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but piercing the carpet is only good if there is something good-and-solid underneath it.  If the carpet resides on a suspended floor, then coupling the speaker to the subfloor only creates more problems.  Enter Herbies gliders...
@steaksteer.  I have a set of GAIA III under my REL T7i subs. I have a set of GAIA II under my Dynaudio Contour 60s. 
My gosh these GAIA are expensive for what they are!  I wonder how they compare to the SVS Soundpath feet.