So just how much vinyl do YOU own?

Let's hear some numbers!

And when do you think you might have enough to last your lifetime?

Or is it like horsepower ... Too much is never enough!

Do you have regular clearouts or just keep adding until the floorboards start to creak!

All just for fun people!
128x128uberwaltz
About 300
shopping for WAF storage options in a 1500 sq ft condo
the server is so easy just plug in another 4 TB drive, ..... ha

@tomic601 - Thanks. Personally, I don't see a reason to have records I know I will never listen to again. I take the opportunity to trade them toward records I will enjoy, hopefully for years to come. I guess I'm less of a collector and more of a consumer of music media. I'm not knocking collectors. It's just not my thing.

I only started getting back in to vinyl in a big way around two years ago, with it really ramping up this year (once I discovered discogs).

I'm using discogs to organize my collection.  Says I have 423 in there, but I haven't finished cataloguing some of my old records.

My attitude is that I do not want to end up being a hoarder, where I'm just overrun with records that I'll never listen to.  I don't "collect" in the sense of buying records only for some other sense of "value" (e.g. this one was released with a wonky label, only a few made!), or rarity, or just for completion sake.  I'm looking to have a managable number of well curated records, buying only the records I will listen to (and not for just a song or two, but most of the record has to appeal).

That's why I don't do much crate-digging at all. I don't like hauling vinyl home just to take a chance on it, and then ending up with records I don't listen to.  Discogs...and youtube...allow me to listen to lots of tracks from an album before I buy.

But...I have to say I went vinyl crazy for a while, started buying too much, and have nipped it back to a sane number of records...for now...I hope...

Discogs is a great tool for letting the postman know you have gone off the vinyl deep end.... ask me how I know.....