Can one ever be "done" in this hobby?

I would like to think I am pretty much in audio nirvana right now but supremely well aware how quickly that can change to audio nervosa!

What do think?

Is it really possible to kick the addiction and be done and just sit back and enjoy the music?

Has anybody managed this trick of the mind?
128x128uberwaltz
Happiness lies in satisfaction rather than accomplishment.

There is no end to improving audio sound.

You had better stop and take a break and find another hobby.

I had not changed major audio equipment from 2012 to July 2018 concentrating on photography.

I got some award in photo contest.

For last 6 months I had done lot of renovation on my audio system but it is close to the end.

I will go back to photography and travel around the world.

Thomas

I get satisfaction from accomplisment. I actually take offense to you telling me to get a new hobby. I did not say I did not enjoy it. I merely pointed out that humans become desensitized to almost anything when repeated enough. . Why did you do renovations to your system? I am guessing because you tired of it and wanted something better. Which proves my point. Change is the spice of life. 
Nice attitude on your retirement. It is how I live my semi retired life (by choice) as well. Gotta keep it new and get the thrills. 
Assuming one cares, once you know what your target is and you hit it, its harder to change than not.

Otherwise, not so hard if you are not hitting the target or the target constantly moves.

Then of course most things break or wear out and eventually just need to be replaced, assuming again one still cares.

To each their own.