New Joseph Audio Pulsar Graphene 2

Just wanted to update my prior thread where this topic may have gotten lost.  As many of you may know by now, Joseph Audio has come out with the new Pulsar Graphene 2. This new iteration of the venerable Pulsars has a graphene coated magnesium midrange-woofer cone, and the drive motor, suspension system, etc., have been revamped. From what I have been told, the upgrade is pretty significant ... the sound is fuller and has greater ease, yet is very resolved. Jeff Joseph advises that an upgrade path will be available for existing owners of the Pulsars, too. Also, note that the price quoted in the Soundstage piece was in Canadian dollars ... Jeff informs me that the price in USD is $8,999 per pair. I am eager to hear the new Pulsars.
rlb61
There, however, is a kernel of truth here.  The Perspective2 are very responsive to upstream electronics and cables. I disagree with the old rules of spending half on speakers and the rest on electronics and cables. I am running more like 3 to 1 in favor of electronics and cables. In my experience, it is hard to find better speakers for my room with my wife.
I fully respect you going by your own experience Mark.

In my experience, I've heard the Perspectives hooked up to various very expensive amps with wildly expensive cabling etc.  Yet I thought they sounded better when I had them in my system for audition at home (I use old Conrad Johnson amps, but cheap interconnects, plain old Belden 10awg speaker cable, no after market AC cables, etc).

This is pretty consistent with many other similar experiences.

First time I heard Quad ESL 63s my mind was blown.  Even though they were being powered by a saved-from-a-garbage Dynaco ST70 amp and no-name cables.  The difference that I heard compared to anything I'd heard before was due to the quality and character of the speakers. 

I just came back from listening to music at my friend's house.  He's a reviewer.  Has something like $50,000 worth of the most highly lauded interconnects, speaker cables, AC cables, $20,000 phono stages, all that kind of thing.  Sounded great.  But I think what I have at home sounds "better," despite my non-audiophile-approved cheaping out on cables etc.  I attribute this to the importance of speaker choice, positioning/room acoustics, and then choice of amp, source....

We all have our own path :)

For those asking, to me the new Graphene versions have a fuller overall sound with an increase in bottom end and bass definition.  Midrange is slightly improved.....and still the same fantastic top end that the Pulsars/Perspectives always had. 
@goldprintaudio ... I guess what I'm asking is ... is a night and day difference, or is it a slight improvement?