Perfect Path Tecnologies ‘The Gate’

Having been a music lover and audio enthusiast for more decades than I care to admit to I’ve had the privilege of owning some tremendous components over those years and thought I had attained a level of musical enjoyment that would be difficult to improve upon without spending more money than I could afford. Then along came The Gate to turn my audio conceptions on end. 

While I was quite skeptical of all of the positive proclamations regarding the Perfect Path mats, cards and contact enhancer ( how could they possibly bring about such sonic improvements?) I took the plunge and purchased a nano bundle to see what the hubbub was all about. Much to my surprise they not only brought about improvements to my systems’ ability to recreate a more musical sound but did so in spades. 

When Tim of Perfect Path Technologies asked if I wanted to try his new product, The Gate, I jumped at the chance thinking it would be a nice addition to what the other products provided. I wasn’t prepared for the quantum leap The Gate brought to my music listening pleasure. As much as the other products brought about a much lower noise floor, greater detail and delicacy, improved dynamics, richer tone and more realism The Gate does so in magnitudes difficult to describe. The best way I can describe its affect is unreal purity leading the most realistic musical sound I’ve had the pleasure of experiencing.....outside of a live performance obviously. It has me listening to all of my CD’s as if for the first time again.

I have no idea how The Gate actually works or what it does I just know it’s the most dramatic tweak to my system I’ve ever experienced and I wouldn’t think of being without it. As to how it’s implemented, it’s installed in the electrical panel with one lead connected to the common buss and the other to a breaker ( preferably 220). Hope I got the terminology correct.....I’m far from being an electrician!

At $4,999.00 it’s not cheap but worth every penny to me as I’ve spent more on components with less sonic improvement. 

Lastly, I realize some will scoff at something they can’t understand and I get not understanding it as I don’t, but I would hope people could keep their skepticism healthy and civil. I am not here to promote or sell, nor do I have any affiliation with PPT. I am only sharing something that I’ve found to be transforming in my system. Sorry for the lengthy introduction.
128x128mac48025
Well that was a surprise... Of sorts.

Been away 4 days and sat down tonight with great expectations.

But, sort of flatter,not as much sparkle as I remember.

I guess that answers that experiment.

I had spoken with Tim if he thought with The Gate in the breaker panel if emats were now needed in the panel door. Try it without he said, be interesting.

Well I think I can say it was a negative move so the emats will go back in the breaker panel door tomorrow.

Anybody else tried that?
Interesting, überwaltz--on the one hand, the Gate outperforms numerous mats, but on the other, it is reassuring the mats can continue to complement in coverage at the same locations throughout.  They are still useful for those who have made the investment.  Not having the Gate, I finally did some work at my circuit panel by TC painting the bus/breaker connection and wire clamps  and then sticking a mat over the entire switch array---incredible results, even though I have ten other mats at the components.

You'll just have to enjoy the additive advantages of the PPT family of products to date.      
I would like to see a "How To" video on you Tube made for installing  The Gate into a breaker panel. I'm told it's really simple.
Last night I put all emats and ecards back to their prior position before retiring for the night.

Played some music this morning and it was already sounding better so the emats at the breaker box definitely appears to compliment the Gate actions or works well in conjunction, take your pick.

So next up I removed my Equicore 1800 and replaced with the Hot rodded Belkin 10 outlet power box.

I honestly feel this is not only no worse but if anything a slight improvement in transparency and speed with possibly a very slight loss in bass.

This makes me think the Equicore was stifling some of the life from the music, loss of detail and some smearing which also can make you feel you have a little more bottom end.

Tbh it may have been ever so slightly bass heavy so it is NO loss at all in reality and a trade I am happy to make for now.

Be interesting to see how it progresses as all the mats/ cards settle again.
Good Afternoon, Music Lovers!!!

<3 Hey Kevin, 
The bass will come back.... in SPADES. <3 
Specifically your Gate, but also mats and cards need a bit more time to break in.  <3 

@jafreeman <3 The Gate will not replace the mats, it's not the designed purpose.  You have made a sound investment in PPT, and these products will never fail. <3 You won't see upgrades that deem  the prior obsolete. Our mission is to complete your system. <3 You need all the keys <3 <3 <3 Painting the PANEL LOL! <3 YES!!!! LOL <3 It isn't for everyone. <3 LOL. <3 Good news is, if you ever purchase a gate, it will SUPERCHARGE the TC. <3 You are a fun customer, Joe. Thanks <3