Multi channel preamps for Movies

I was thinking of getting a Multi channel preamp for my Oppo 83SE DVD player. I currently have a Krell HTS 5.1 and a Krell 5 channel amp. What would be a move up? I do not play music only movies. I have 2 channel system in different room for stereo.
coxhaus
The Integra 9.8 and 9.9 processors are terrific and sell used for less than $1K.They are very good for music(not great)and do an outstanding job with movie soundtracks!!!
I just bought the Oppo-83 SE NUFORCE EDITION to pair up with my Classe SSP-60 via 7.1 channels analog. Sacd and Blu-ray Dts-hd sound very good. It feels like listen to LP in muti-channel.
I HTS is a great processor for the money but it is still digital. I was thinking moving to analog would give me a smoother more liquid less digital presentation. I am accustomed to listening to tubes on my big stereo. I have 5 to 10 times more money in my stereo than my HT. I guess I am bored waiting for my new stereo speakers. I read March's Stereophile and noticed you were listening to Parasound's Halo P7 multi channel preamp.
Coxhaus wrote: I HTS is a great processor for the money but it is still digital.
So? If the source is digital and the amp/speakers are analog, what is at issue is who is doing the processing and the D/A conversion. The model is the same.

I was thinking moving to analog would give me a smoother more liquid less digital presentation.
Why? See above.

I read March's Stereophile and noticed you were listening to Parasound's Halo P7 multi channel preamp.
Because I needed an analog preamp in order to compare the analog outputs of the players. After that, I user the player's digital outputs to a processor.

Kal
Hey Kal,

I would still like to try one. Maybe I would learn to like surround sound music. You want to sell me your Parasound Halo P7 so I can play around?