Does anyone use wood for vibration control?

What kind of wood have you found to be best?
bksherm
Mapleshade makes some excellent products for audio. All Maple. I use them under all of my equipment.

Rollin
Post removed 
Who is more obsessive compulsive, tweakers or Tuners? Let’s take maple platforms (boards) for example. You got your air dried maple from Mapleshade. You got your maple with grain running vertically and maple with grain running horizontally. There are varying thicknesses of maple, the thicker maple boards resisting bending forces better than thinner maple boards. There’s also the tricky issues of mounting the maple board and mounting the component on the maple or other material. So, what is the best way to mount the maple board and the component?

The best way to mount the maple board (or any material) and the component is extremely hard cones. The harder the cones the better the sound - fuller, more open, more natural. As it turns out materials like aluminum 2.75 and carbon fiber and brass 3.0 and hardwood are actually relatively soft, on the Mohs scale of Hardness, where diamond is a perfect 10. Lead is 1.75. An excellent choice for cone material would be hardened high carbon steel 7-8 (like my Machina Dynamica springs) or NASA grade ceramic 9.5, both of which are quite high on the Mohs scale of Hardness.

And we haven’t even talked about using springs with maple boards. The final frontier.
Glubson, there are steel coil springs, steel leaf springs, gas shocks, oil filled gas shocks, air springs. They’re all springs. To qualify as a spring they have to behave as a spring. And they certainly do behave as springs - otherwise they wouldn’t work. Proof by inspection. 🤗 I don’t mind running a class on remedial physics.