Magnepan 1.7

Anyone actually got their hands on these yet? What is is your opinion/experience after hearing these in your home. What about placement issues? I am thinking about buying these. Thanks.
darkkeys
One other thing I forgot to mentin is that Magnepan provides plastic washers that can be used to tilt the speakers. They fit between the foot brackets and the speaker itself.

When inserted this has the effect of tilting the speakers slightly back.

I have done this and did not notice a real change in the sound. I have left them that way. My suspicion is that this would have an effect depending on the distance between the listening chair and the speakers.
Man, what a can of worms!
To tilt or not to tilt, that is the question.

You're on your own with this one! Some people may even install the spacers on the TOP screws to tilt 'em forward.

I run straight up/dn but will build some adjustment into my frames......with a proprietary design.
Magfan, or anyone, any opinions about the best approach for Maggie stands?

There seems to be the type that completely frames the maggies or the "Mye" approach which seems to primarily add bracing on the "back" side of the speakers.
I have heard them again but this time with all Krell electronic & CD player with top of the line Mit cable ...

big disapointement ! ... clearly a problem of combination

Krell + Magnepan is not for me
My PERSONAL opinion would be to go to a total reframe in real wood. But that's just me. I would avoid 'bridgework' in the stand and use wood. The MDF of Maggies doesn't accept the vibration from the panel which is where the problem lies.
The Mye stands make the frame more rigid and less 'whippy'. This is good, but IMO using brute force, not materials and engineering.

Just my opin, but I'm in process of designing new frames which will be both light and rigid. No metal beams or whatever. The driver will be 'floated' in the frame yet firmly held. Some mod guys even install strips of Dynamat or whatever on the pole piece and between the frame and driver.