People That Have Upgraded From Harbeth 30.1s....

.... what speaker did you buy? 
dhcod
YG Carmels sounds like Canton - great dynamics and control, metallic trebles and rather soulless. Totally opposite to H. So if you like yours why would you go THIS way..? I would suggest to try atc.
I want Harbeth plus dynamics. Was thinking the with the right front end and amplification it's easier to give souI to carmels than give dynamics to the 30.1s. I don't have space for speakers that need to be plugged in right now otherwise I would certainly try out ATC SCM20ASLs which I've used at work and I love.
So why not SCM20 passive? They are great with powerful SS, ex. Mcintosh. Their whole Classic series is great.
I think the SCM19 v2 are the home version of that speaker but with a better tweeter. I'm looking for a pair to audition. 
Update: I just spent a week with ATC SCM19 v2s in the house and I can say that for me, they aren't even close to the 30.1s. Very sterile, way more "pro" sounding than I expected. Really no sense of musicians playing in a room with fingers on instruments.

So I'm pretty sure a lateral type move to a more dynamic speaker isn't going to work after trying the ATCs and the SF. Hard to replace the things I can't do without that the 30.1s give in spades.