Classical Music for Aficionados

I would like to start a thread, similar to Orpheus’ jazz site, for lovers of classical music.
I will list some of my favorite recordings, CDs as well as LP’s. While good sound is not a prime requisite, it will be a consideration.
  Classical music lovers please feel free to add to my lists.
Discussion of musical and recording issues will be welcome.

I’ll start with a list of CDs.  Records to follow in a later post.

Berlioz: Symphonie Fantastique.  Chesky  — Royal Phil. Orch.  Freccia, conductor.
Mahler:  Des Knaben Wunderhorn.  Vanguard Classics — Vienna Festival Orch. Prohaska, conductor.
Prokofiev:  Scythian Suite et. al.  DG  — Chicago Symphony  Abbado, conductor.
Brahms: Symphony #1.  Chesky — London Symph. Orch.  Horenstein, conductor.
Stravinsky: L’Histoire du Soldat. HDTT — Ars Nova.  Mandell, conductor.
Rachmaninoff: Symphonic Dances. Analogue Productions. — Dallas Symph Orch. Johanos, cond.
Respighi: Roman Festivals et. al. Chesky — Royal Phil. Orch. Freccia, conductor.

All of the above happen to be great sounding recordings, but, as I said, sonics is not a prerequisite.

128x128rvpiano
Juho Pohjonen ? NYT:
"He again conquered Mr. Salonen’s “Dichotomie.” The second part of the piece unfolds in passages of oscillating chords and pummeling repeated figures, until the music bursts into a long episode of sweeping glissandos, through which thematic lines and pungent chords must break through. As he did 15 years ago to ease the execution (and protect the fingers of his right hand), Mr. Pohjonen managed to quickly slip on a thin glove to dispatch the glissandos, then deftly slipped it off — a neat trick. "
NYT also likes Pollini, still going at 77.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/08/arts/music/pollini-pohjonen-carnegie-review.html?action=click&...

I have long been a major fan of Faure  and his piano works IMO don't receive the attention they deserve .I have the  Hewitt 's and they are very good .
Yesterday  I was gifted a CD by one Nicolas Stavy  that I believe  surpass the Hewitt  . A BIS recording , BIS 2389 so you know the sound is tops !
I finally acquired and played the Reference Recordings Copland disk, recommended here or on another thread, and yes, it is remarkable: soundstage and bass are both superlative.
schubert
thanks for the recommendation
finally got a chance to listen to Stavy/Faure
Stavy is wonderful, and it is so well recorded
Born in 1975, he must be about 44 years old.
There is hope for the future!
https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&prev=search&rurl=trans...

Post removed