Sweet Vinyl Sugarcube - I Want It!!!

At the NY Audio Show this past weekend, I got to see and hear the demo of the Sweet Vinyl Sugarcube.  This PC-based stand alone unit is amazing.  Here is what it does:

1.  De-clicks vinyl - and does so completely transparently, and is user-adjustable (more or less filtering of clicks and pops). 

2.  Digitizes vinyl - MP3 through 24/192 resolution.

3.  Locates metadata for LPs being played/digitized, including cover art

4.  Inserts track divisions based on the metadata (wow!).

5.  Compensates for non-RIAA recordings

6.  Plug in apps will do even more, like reducing groove noise.

It inserts in a line-level loop or between your phono preamp and preamp.  It has digital (S/PDIF and USB) outputs as well as analog outputs.

Projected retail is $2500, and they plan a kickstarter campaign soon.

If you spend time digitizing vinyl, this thing is nothing short of a miracle.  I want one so badly I can taste it.

(I am not associated with Sweet Vinyl in any way.)

bondmanp
@tablejockey @noromance ... Of course, no piece of kit is for everyone.  Otherwise, we would all own that piece of kit.  I started this thread by remarking that if the SC-2 only digitized LPs, split tracks, added metadata, and dumped them on my server, I could live without the click processing.  That remains the case.  To me, the click processing is the icing on the cake.  Since almost all of my records are purchased used, the processing has been helpful.  Also, when you read this thread, remember, you are being shown the sausage-making process of a new product, even a new product category.  If and when all the bugs are fixed, this will be a very simple turn-key product.

All that said, I am having a blast using my Sugarcube, and I am enjoying the collaborative process of being a beta tester, my first such experience.

When the bugs are fixed, I will be inviting members of my local audio club to stop by with an LP they would like to digitize.  If you are local (central NJ) and would like to try it, let me know, and when it's ready, I will contact you.

Oh, and as for too much gadget involvement, remember, my goal is to get all my vinyl on to my server.  That makes listening more convenient than ever, IMHO.
bondmanp-

Your invitation is appreciated.

I'm sure the SC is a fine product. Recording a record  is a great feature. For archiving "the sound" it's the way to go. More convincing than any file/download or CD. 

Remaining in the stone age-without NAS or streaming, and having physical media is my thing. I don't envision having a computer tied into the system. I've heard some fine systems, not my bag.

When i'm not actively listening, the default is prehistoric FM radio...it's still sounds good if you like Classical or Jazz. Rock is long dead.

I echo bondmanp's sentiment.   this is an amazing piece and very comprehensive.  my SC-2 arrived about a week ago and I was updated to a beta version which is terrific.   Highly recommend.  the click processing has worked wonders with older vinyl.  
@bondmanp I listened to the SC1 at AXPONA and am impressed enough by the product to endorse it.