Disco...yep, I'm going there

We've all read the comments about disco music, most seem to heavily weigh on the side of "it sucks". I cannot say how many times I've read that two word remark......yet, without any explanation. One thing for sure, that era defined our consciousness and is an important part of our musical history.

Frankly, I love listening to several artists from that era ... Bee Gees, Donna Summer, KC & The Sunshine Band...………..

I really can't understand how anyone can listen to these artists and not be moved to get up and dance. That IS an emotional connection. The exact connection most of us long for. So, what's the problem?
128x128slaw
Frankly, in a lot of ways, I'd love to go back to the days of "pay-offs" When record company executives  would travel around and pay djs to play their music with coke.
Good music is good music.  Most popular music is completely disposable, but the best endures.  For me, Donna Summer's "MacArthur Park Suite" is outstanding.  Chic had a number of fine albums as did Dan Hartman and Madonna.  Now the criticism of disco as dumbed down R&B for "white people" has much truth, but the same argument can be made about early rock.  Disco eventually morphed into EDM which as a music form isn't really meant to be heard outside of a club environment.
slaw
I really can't understand how anyone can listen to these artists and not be moved to get up and dance. That IS an emotional connection. The exact connection most of us long for. So, what's the problem?
There is no problem, it's just that some of us still think that disco sucks. That doesn't invalidate your preference at all. There's no accounting for taste, whether it's yours, mine or that of someone else.
@onhwy61 ,

Thank you. I wish @djones61 had the interest, or internal constitution, plus an ability to digest then respond in a rational way to this discussion.

Happy Listening!