Absolute top tier DAC for standard res Redbook CD

Hi All.

Putting together a reference level system.
My Source is predominantly standard 16/44 played from a MacMini using iTunes and Amarra. Some of my music is purchased from iTunes and the rest is ripped from standard CD's.
For my tastes in music, my high def catalogues are still limited; so Redbook 16/44 will be my primary source for quite some time.

I'm not spending DCS or MSB money. But $15-20k retail is not out of the question.

Upsampling vs non-upsampling?
USB input vs SPDIF?

All opinions welcome.

And I know I need to hear them, but getting these ultra $$$ DAC's into your house for an audition ain't easy.

Looking for musical, emotional, engaging, accurate , with great dimension. Not looking for analytical and sterile.
mattnshilp
Music, happy for you.  I too have TMP with the integrated DAC.  Sam is upgrading the DAC as we speak. I can't wait to get it back with all that high res music.  It really is special.  I've heard many of the top servers out there and so far nothing comes close. The way they lower jitter is crazy.  

I also got to hear the updated Rossini and the external clock.  It was ok without the clock, but the clock takes it to another level.  I wish I could get one in my house once my Memory Player gets back as I'd love to go neck and neck.  Laufertechnique is crazy good, especially for the price.  
Hope we can keep this fun thread going, even though Matt is now a big time reviewer, lol...;).  

Getting my The Memory Player back in a few weeks.  They are encasing it in a new design that I'm stoked about.  We've decided to keep the DAC inside the new sculpted box as they have totally separated adn isolated the power supply for TMP server as well as the DAC.  The new chassis is a cool design, but I'll let LauferTechnik share that info when they are ready (can't give away their marketing, lol).  

So pumped as the Stealth Caps are being installed this time around.  Cleaner layout inside with the new case, so that's pretty cool too.  I"m also glad that I'll be able to chose an external blue ray drive to record with.  I like an external drive that can be stored away when not needed and if it breaks, I can go get a new one. Also have the option to get one of the stack loaders to rip with (have any of you used one of these?).

Would love info on choosing the right ripper from you guys as I have over 2k CD's to drop into the HD.
I need to rip all my cd’s as well. 

Sorry for the minimal posts. Been so busy. 

I had had a special treat. Sort of ironic to post on this particular thread. But I was given a tour of VPI record player and cleaner manufacturer. Mat and Harry were gracious hosts, to say the least. A full post is coming. 
My buddy is distributing the Allnic gear nad wants you to get their phone stage, lol.  ;)