Advice and help understanding, choosing a Widebander / Single Full Range Driver speaker?

I'm considering a second set of speakers for my primary system.

I'm satisfied and very happy with my current primary speakers (Tekton Design SEs), so this isn't about a replacement speaker, but I have been looking for something that is different enough from my Tektons, in terms of speaker type and design, etc.

My current top choices being Sound Labs or Cube Audio. Horns, maybe.

Srajan Ebaen's review of the Bliss C a year ago was what first exposed me to Cube Audio and his more recent review of the Nenuphar is stellar. Both reviews are copied in my follow-up post below.

I've been 'somewhat' exposed to full range drivers (or nearly so, with augmentation) as I've owned Zu Audio and Vaughn Loudspeakers and have been exposed to Teresonic speakers and Voxativ drivers. Still, I'm a neophyte with regards to this speaker type (single full-range driver).

Would love to learn more about the pros and cons of owning a true wide-bander and issues, pitfalls, etc. I should consider before moving forward.

Leaving this very general and open. Let's keep budget out of this also (I don't want to complicate the discussion). 

More on my system and room and preferences in subsequent posts.

Thanks!

(BTW - I did search the forums and there is 1 wide bander thread and 6 full range driver threads. None apply directly, but I will review each to see what I can pull out that may be relevant).
david_ten
[don’t] restrict the type of music used

I’ve been running Club music for the past few hours, at high volumes for me (Avg SPL at listening position High 80s to ~ 90db)

Armin van Buuren, Kraftwerk, Biosphere, Jes, Amon Tobin, Primal Scream, The Orb, Massive Attack, Tricky/Martina, etc.

System was tested with Opeth, Deadmau5, Egyptrixx, etc. : )
I also find high frequencies to be tricky with full range drivers.  It is not just the case that the top end is limited, so one does not get that bit of sparkle on top and the sense of natural note decay, that lack of top end makes the upper midrange sound ragged and peaky.  Put a tweeter on top and the sound smooths out appreciably. 

I've heard 12" and 13" full range drivers in open baffle cabinets and they have decent fullness and midbass, though lacking in deep bass, and what they need is a tweeter on top more so than a woofer below.

In back loaded horn systems with a full range driver, I often think that a tweeter might help to add a little bit of sparkle on top (not needed as much to smooth the frequency response).  
David,
I heard the Nenuphars at CAF paired with the FW SIT-3 amp (which I also have) and thought they sounded wonderful. 
You made a good choice very nice speakers. Are 3.5 watts enough to drive the speakers when you crank it up a bit?

Once you go high efficiency and SET there's no going back. lol
The offer still stands, if you're ever in NY your welcome to come over for a listen.

Joe
Hi Joe. Thanks for your feedback. You know I'll take you up on your offer when I schedule my trip, your way.

Yes, the 3.5 - 4 Watts from my 2A3 amp is more than sufficient. I'm finding the Nenuphars easy enough to drive that I'm also open to a robust build 45 amp.

Coincidently, I've been exchanging emails with Jeffrey and he will have the NA debut of  the latest version of the Horning Hybrid Eufrodite Ellipses at Axpona.
I've started a thread specific to the Cube Audio Nenuphar since this thread is general in nature and applies to all wide-bander / single driver speakers.

https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/cube-audio-nenuphar-single-driver-speaker-10-inch-tqwt-enclos...