Vibratory or Not?

This is a discussion that for me began on the Stereophile forum which went horribly wrong in my opinion. I was wondering though if this same topic could be discussed here as it comes up a lot in one form or another. My background has been about vibratory tuning as far back as the 70's work in the recording industry and continued into home audio and beyond. The audio signal is one that can be easily tuned, I doubt there is much room there for debate, but we will see, it's Audiogon after all. This being the case I have always concluded that the audio signal is vibratory so has anyone I have ever worked with. It's a common and sometimes even daily practice for someone here to make a vibratory adjustment changing the sound which is obvious to all.

On some of these forum threads however you will see posts saying to get rid of the vibration, without any explanation as to how to remove vibration without altering the audio signal. Every vibratory move I have ever seen done changes the performance of the sound. I've also been a part of the variables of the audio signal during play in real time. If the audio signal is not vibratory how does it change?

I invite you to discuss the vibratory structure and nature of the audio signal.

thanks, lets keep trolling to a minimum please

128x128michaelgreenaudio
I’m curious what you don’t understand about what I’ve said. Say, aren’t you the guy that can’t spell the word totally?
Say, aren’t you the guy that can’t spell the word totally?

As usual Geoff goes in to his kiddy mode and start sending bad vibes lol!!!

Hi Tjbhuler

Geoff said "The audio signal in wires in an AC circuit is actually alternating, not (rpt not) oscillating or vibrating."

That's not putting words in anyone's mouth, that's someone not understanding the audio signal or AC.

So you say "Hi geoff am curious here what is it about vibratory you don't understand ?"

Which to me is the obvious question. As Geoff would say this isn't rocket science. You can't say kill all vibrations when audio is a vibration. Again that's not anyone putting words into Geoff's mouth as he has said this on many occasions on a couple of forums at least.

Geoff, no one would be raising the questions of you if you never said this. It's a matter of why say kill vibrations when that's what audio is. This makes no sense.

And why insult (again) someone you have no clue of his education. Sorry Geoff but both Tjbhuler and audionuttoo have educations way above your pay grade in the area of vibration. One in the electrical world and the other in the medical world.

MG

geoffkait,

"Glubson has this knack for stating the obvious."
Well, someone has to.

Someone, allegedly very wise, a few couples of posts above, wrote...

"You need to define your terms. Words mean different things to different people."

"...all these words you’re throwing around have different meanings to different people. So discussions can get bogged down rapidly."
I must be psychic. I knew you were going to say that.

So I stated the obvious in the first post here.

Do not go too deep into discussion about oscillation vs. vibration. Spring is coming and you are on the thin ice.
"...air leaks out through the rubber fabric, just like it does in bicycles."
The valve may be much more important leak in a bicycle. Now back to audio vibrations.
More to discover