New Gallo Strata's sound like tin-cans: break-in time problem?

First time Gallo-user. Have been breaking them in according to instructions for approx 80hrs. Amp: ARCAM P49 (200 wpc in stereo mode), pre-amp Sonus Veritas Genoa, Source, ARCAM CD player (2yrs old), connections and wires all Nordost Tyr-or higher level. The new speakers are eating up the P49, I have the pre at full volume, and Strata's output is only slightly above conversation level. And, the sound I'm hearing is just like listening to the music thru tin cans. A friend commented, "these sound like mid-level television speakers".  Is all this due to incomplete break-in, poor speaker orientation, bad system combination, or.....what?  Any ideas are appreciated, as I had great hopes for these speakers.
Many thanks.
maximoam85
Sounds like something is wrong with the speakers.  Contact Gallo support. 

I bought a used pair of CL4s here and something behind one of the tweeters was loose.  I emailed them asking for the proper screw-head to remove the tweeter.  They had me ship the speaker to them at my expense. They removed the tweeter, fixed the loose item, and shipped it back to me AT THEIR EXPENSE..

This sounds like a classic case of buying the wrong interconnect cables.  A lot of people think they have purchased interconnect cables when they actually have purchased coaxial cables.  They look identical but if you reveal the wire by unscrewing the body at the male connector you will see the difference.

Never considered that.

Try the speakers in a different system that is known to be functioning properly.
Thanks to everyone for all these suggestions.
A few are answered in my previous update when I moved the speakers to a completely different electronic system (Onkyo receiver and CD player using different wiring and connectivity in a different, smaller room) with the same results as I related in my first message.
almarg: suggestion is a good diagnostic but I am hesitant for fear of invalidating the warranty (they are new speakers) and/or damaging the speakers.
db212: for these speakers interconnects are not required, only speaker wires are used. With the optional subwoofer, the system can be run using HF connections (again with speaker wires) into and out of the sub itself. Between source components pre-amp, amp, CD player, I am only using XLR connectors which I am fairly certain eliminates possible coax vs interconnect confusion.

So. Here's my strategy. Return the speakers to the vendor (I prefer not to identify the vendor in print here) and ask them to audition the speakers. If the speakers sound  normal to them, then I will return the speakers for refund, since after much break-in and adjustment it's obvious I personally do not like the sonic character of the speakers. But, if they find the speakers defective, replace them and I will try again. If anyone here would like to learn the results, I'll be glad to re-visit this discussion in the future.
Thanks again to all.

Agree with all that said the speakers appear to be non-functional. Would love to hear the final update, please do post.