Lightning quick DYNAMIC amp in the under $1000 range

Hi guys, slowly upgrading my system on a bang for the buck budget. Anyone know of a musical, dynamic amp for under a grand? I would prefer new, but if anyone knows of a good deal on the used market, that could work, as well.
bstatmeister
Mrdecibel, I bought the SYS a few years ago to have a passive to play with. Have looked into others including the Luminous Axiom. I also have seen the DouK passives and considered trying one as I only would need a single input. At the moment I am not sure what I will do regarding purchase of a different passive.

Bstatmeister, don't wish to hijack your thread any further. What are your latest thoughts on amplification? 
Hi guys, thanks for all the recommendations....Looks I have a lot of research to do! Seems the running favorite right now is to monoblock the NuForce STA 200 Power Amplifier - will definitely take a closer look at that.

BTW...I already am bi-wiring per Vandersteen recommendations, So it seems I am doing ok there. (using the bi-wire canare wire from blue-jeans) don't think it's a world beater, but seems to be doing alright. Wouldn't mind upgrading to 10 gauge at some point to see if can improve the bass.

A couple questions about amps in general. Is there a specification to look at that could tell you how quick or Dynamic the amp would be to another? What are the main things that would make an amp more musical than another?

Is having a toroidal transformer one such thing to look for? Does not having a toroid mean it’s not necessarily as good as one that does?
I think slew rate was the 'spec' I'm looking for for a fast,dynamic amp? Do manufactures publish this? I wonder how My Behringer ep2500 compares with the NuForce STA-200 in terms of slew rate? a quick google search did not give me much
Slew rate is kind of like THD. Too much is made of it. As I recall 200 is great and 50 is marginal. But it’s been more than 30 years ago so I could be way off.
@georgehifi @bstatmeister

Slew rate has nothing to do with dynamics, all it relates to is frequency range and wattage (well, voltage). If two amps have the same max wattage and frequency range, their slew rates are 100% identical.