Favorite band or artist of all time?

1st of all Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone at Audiogon!
I've Have been thinking about it(hundreds of choices)and lately  just wondering, If you had to pick just one, what would be your favorite band or artist of all time???
 Extremely hard decision!, but Mine would be Elton John.
(deeply rooted since I was 10 or 11) Old fart now😎
128x128arcam88
Post removed 
I'm not a rabid Beatles fan, but I realized the other day that, when they finished recording "Abbey Road", their last recording, the oldest of them, Ringo, was 29.
Harrison was only 26.

And just 6 1/2 years had passed since their first album.

Decry them all you want, but I can't think of anyone else in 20th century contemporary music who accomplished so much musically and culturally in so short a time.
"the Beatles Changed The World"- Netflix Documentary. I wholeheartedly agree,
but unfortunately they were unable to stay together.
The Rolling Stones OTOH just kept on rolling, and any band that could write a great song like "Sympathy for the Devil" and so many others too numerous to mention deserve a ton of credit. I have never given them the credit they deserve. "Sticky Fingers" is one of my personal favorites
but that doesn't fully express my point- I just get lost in it.

"There can be only one"

crap. well, OK.

based on the idea I'd be listening to just this group forever without  any other musicians I'd opt for The Beatles.

Huge catalog. varied presentations and styles.  definitely an easy listen.

A good argument could be made for the 'Stones' & Sir Elton on that note as well.
Gustav Mahler.  David Bowie. 

Ihasaguy -- Sorry to report but I walked out of the Allman Bros Band/Duane Allman concert they put on in Santa Barbara in '71, during the same tour you certainly saw.  It got to the point where I decided that if I hear Duane do that whoop-dee-doodle-do guitar lick one more time, I'd leave.  About ten seconds later, he did it again.