Love to hear from current owners or past users of Isoacoustics Gaia footers.

Do you still like them? Have you replaced them with something you felt sounded better in your system? I am considering purchasing a set of the IIIs, but am not sure I want to spend $400 on these footers.  
128x128grannyring
Just love the GIAII I bought last year . I have used them on six different speakers and they are a necesitty now . Only problem is having to take them off and put them back on each speaker that comes through my bi monthly rotation . Could use a few more pairs ! The biggest improvement so far has been on King sound -King and KS17 electrostatic speakers . Also nice improvement on Klipsch RF7 as well. What I get is a more focused imaging and tighter bass response . 
I have had the Gaia II footers with carpet spikes under my Goldenear Triton One speakers for about 4 months. I have tried four different spike/cone/footers with these speakers as described below.

I originally had the speakers installed in a room with carpet over a concrete slab using the factory supplied spikes. I had good results with Audio Point brass cones under previous speakers (Wilson W/P 7, Dunlavy SC-V, Mirage M-1), so I tried the Audio Point 2.0's on the Triton Ones. Unfortunately, this did not work well at all. Dynamics were restricted, transients were softened and the sound became dull and lifeless. I actually preferred the sound of the speakers sitting flat on the carpet with no spikes or cones at all compared to the Audio Points.

Next, without expecting much, I tried the Track Audio stainless steel spikes ($119 from Music Direct). These resulted in a nice improvement over the stock spikes with tighter bass, better defined images and a more dynamic presentation. I was pleasantly surprised by how much of a performance increase the stainless steel spikes made.

I then moved to a new house with a second floor music room over the garage that had carpet over plywood flooring. I tried both the stock spikes and the Track Audio stainless steel spikes to see how each worked in the new room. I was disappointed to find that while the Track Audio spikes were still better than stock, it wasn't to near the degree of improvement they had been on the concrete slab. 

I used the Track Audio spikes for about 2 years before installing the Gaia II footers with their matching carpet spikes. The Gaia's made the largest improvement of any of the previous solutions. Bass became even more defined and articulate, images are more three dimensional, stage depth improved and the speakers disappear into the sound stage to a greater degree. The overall sound is more relaxed and enjoyable while revealing more subtle details.

This experience has demonstrated to me how different floors can have an impact on which speaker supports will work best. It would have been interesting to see how the Gaia's would have performed against the Track Audio spikes on the concrete slab, but for my current environment, I am very pleased with their performance.

Just purchasing my first tube amp a Raven Blackhawk ,but they sent a Nighthawk until the Blackhawk Mk iii are ready and using Definitive Techogoly BP 8080st speakers .
I have a 27'x14' x 8' ceiling with hardwood floor and lots of big sofas and tables and noticed the floor vibrating and until I read this subject on this forum, I would have done nothing .. But I have these big rubber 24"X24" for garage floor panels ..And went out and cut 2 for each speaker..The floor does not vibrate and I do hear little more detail coming out of speakers.. So just trying to give you a cheap way to isolate speakers from floors and see if it makes a difference in your speakers.. As soon as the Blackhawk arrives will give it a chance with my DT 8080 speakers but really thinking of going with Focal Aria 948 and seeing sound difference over the bi polar speakers ..But really wanted to share a cheap way to isolate speakers ..
Post removed