Amp "timing" ?

I was reading someone raving about the impeccable "timing" of their high-end amp this morning.  I have heard this term tossed around several times recently in my dive back into highish-end audio. 

Can someone please explain what is meant by this term?  Is it snake-oil or confirmation bias?  I just don't understand how a human  can hear  a timing difference of a soundwave unless it's a 2nd+ order reflection.  

Thoughts?
dtximages

It’s a concept held onto by Linnies (fans of the Linn Sondek turntable), now applied to even electronics. Art Dudley and Herb Reichert apply the term in their amp and pre-amp reviews in Stereophile, claiming something about the electronics effects the perceived timing of the playing of musicians. It’s such a purely subjective construct, with no way to quantify the degree involved.

I’m sure most here have no problem with the idea of tables and speakers---components with moving parts---being able to effect timing, but how would a pre-amp or amp do that? Art seems to believe electronics can "hold onto" a note too long, or can effect the "attack" (leading edge of a transient), thus effecting the timing of music.

Even more subjective is this new idea being used, that of a component being able to reproduce the "intent" of a musician. Try to quantify THAT!

Post removed 

My car mechanic stops by,  looks under the hood and uses a strobe light gun-thingy to set my amp's timing.  Changes the oil, too.

Tim  
I'm not so sure that "timing" is the best adjective. Perhaps it refers to the ability of an amp to handle transient spikes in conjunction with damping factor to present an accurate representation of the original performance. But I'm just speculating here. Play on....
" PRAT are the most basic building blocks of a musical performance ". TNT audio...…..I personally came to the realization of it in the late 60s, but in my circle, it was Pace, Rhythm, Attack and Timing. I was a Linnie, and all gear was either good at it, or not. Make fun if you will....as always, to each his own.....Enjoy ! MrD.