Differences between cd transports?

Howdy,I borrowed a dedicated CD transport (Musical Fidelity) from a friend. I have found that music sounds much better with his transport than with the CD player I’ve been using to spin CDs. In both cases, I am using exactly the same DAC via the optical out connection from the transport and the CD player.Β So: is there any rational reason that, using the same digital to analog converter, one CD spinner should sound much better than another?Thanks! Β 
rebbi
Yeah, the much more recent models from Jay's are often compared to the CEC as a kind of benchmark.
a substantial step up then my perviously CD transport Cambridge Audio CXC

Hi itzahk, What was the difference in sound quality between these two, or was it build quality you were referring to?

As even the Sim uses a very cheap Sanyo dvd SF-HD65 laser/transport
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=%09+Sanyo+SF-HD65&_sac...
The CXC uses at least uses a little better Sony KSS-213C KSM213CCM.

Cheers George
I wish this forum would allow pictures. Cleaning up the basement collection this weekend. I have multiple spools of speaker cables, canard microphone cables, etc. I also own quite a bit of measuring equipment. I just tested a spool of Canare L4es6 cable. About 250ft left on the spool. Same resistance in both directions to 5 digits. Must be them crafty Japanese. Oh and Canare actually does make their own wire.
I don’t believe you. How about them apples? 🍎 🍎 🍎 Even a tiny fuse wire 3/4” long measures slightly different resistance each way. πŸ”š πŸ”œ

So, you found one cable company that makes its own wire. Big deal. If I even believe that, which I actually don’t.
@geoffkait Canare makes wire, that's what they sell. They are not a cable company.