Any way I could have damaged my speakers?

Yeah, so I was changing out some interconnects on my preamp while it and the amp was on.  I temporarily pulled out the rca cables that connect to the amp from my preamp and heard a screech from the speakers. Playing some music now and sounds fine but I'm obsessive compulsive. Any possibility I damaged anything?
benfica1
Could be that my saving grace was that I have a decware amp that only delivers slightly over 2 watts per channel?

No question about it. It’s hard to envision a speaker that could be harmed by a 2 watt tube amp, even if the speaker is highly efficient (which I presume it is), and regardless of what part of the frequency spectrum that 2 watts occupies.

Generally speaking, though, I suppose it would be at least slightly possible that some amps might themselves suffer damage as a result of being briefly but severely overdriven, with a contributing factor perhaps being arcing of the tubes that could occur. But in general I would expect that possibility to be slight, due to the brief nature of the transient, and it certainly doesn’t appear to have happened in this case.

Best regards,
-- Al

I just committed a similar misjudgment but wasn’t so lucky.
 I was installing new speaker cable using banana plugs but didn’t remove the spade lug already attached to one of the amplifier leads. Actually played fine until I tried removing the spade lug.  It wouldn’t come off easily.  When I tried forcing it off I heard a terrible screech in one speaker.  The speaker still played, but when I compared it to the other speaker there was a definite deterioration in the sound.
Most likely blew the tweeter.  I sent both the amplifier and the speaker out for repair.

Sorry to hear of your loss.

I made a boo boo a few weeks ago.  I was trying to figure out why I did not have sound after changing around some interconnects.  I had left the volume open on a preamp and changed sources, bone head move.  At first I wasn't sure I damaged the speakers but after listening it was apparent something it had lost its magic.  It ended up being a damaged Synergystic Blue midrange fuse not the speaker.  Now I turn everything off everytime.  Hopefully lesson learned.