Eminent technology et2 on Linn Lp12

Hello all

I am considering the possibility of this combination. I already own the Linn. Its a mid/late 70's model. A friend has the arm. I have a Denon 103 cartrige to put on the arm. 

What are your thoughts on this combo.

I currently use a Thorens td160 with SME 3009 improved and Denon103 cartrige that I like. AN M3 Line pre with tube and SS power. Tannoy MG 12 speakers. 

Also. I am going to make a new arm board. Is there a preferred material or should I stick with the MDF. 

Thanks for your thoughts. 

128x128pkvintage
The ET arm and a Linn LP12 are a tried and true combo. I have heard this set up in a few occasions, it worked quite well. The ET arm can be a pain to maintain and keep set up, but the synergy between the arm and table..  no problem.
@pkvintage

Is this video of an LP12 suspension accurate ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBCQNTy1Kt0

Its ok to have an ET2 on a suspended table if ....the suspension is firm enough. As is the case with my turntable which is air , pneumatic - suspended.
We are dealing with a lateral moving mass.

I have never owned an LP12, I remember seeing them in Audio Stores, but never with with ET2's;

A suggestion.

I am curious. Get something that weighs a little more than (.9 lbs - 405 grams). Like a can of soup or beans. Place it on the table approximately where you want the mounting hole to go, and see what happens to the "leveling" of the table. Please let us know what happens if you try this.
Also if you post on the ET2 thread

https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/eminent-technology-et-2-tonearm-owners

You may get more responses, and maybe from someone that has direct experience. .

@daveyf
what is your personal experience with the ET2 ?

Thanks very much for your comments and the suggested link. I will post on that thread as it seems like most if the information is there. 
Cheers 
Paul
 @ct0517  My personal experience, lol.

you ask this question as if it is a challenge. 

Funny how this this kind of attitude is fairly prevalent these days on forums....what’s with this attitude?

since you asked, my experience with this set up is extensive, firstly I have a friend who owns this exact set up, he enjoys it immensely. Secondly, this exact set up was utilized at the audio store Stereo Design for years back in the day, where I heard it on several occasions. To top that, I own a LP12 Radikal D with a well tempered black arm, this arm was ‘AB’ ed against the ET 2 before purchase. I slightly preferred the Well tempered...and I totally prefer the ease of set up and not having to concern myself about leaky air hoses etc.

i could ask you the same question...what’s your experience with the combo of ET2 and Linn, but that might be very presumptive of me...no??

@daveyf 

Your first post.

Daveyf
The ET arm and a Linn LP12 are a tried and true combo. I have heard this set up in a few occasions, it worked quite well. The ET arm can be a pain to maintain and keep set up, but the synergy between the arm and table.. no problem.

Daveyf
I don't understand how a product that is a pain to maintain and keep set up, can be referenced as part of a "tried and true combo"

Tried and True combo
My definition of tried and true ..once set up, it works as designed, and the person never has to fiddle with it again. I haven't touched my turntable setup in probably two - three years ?  at least.

you ask this question as if it is a challenge.

Based on the video I linked showing the LP12 suspension, IMO, it's going to be a challenge, and it's going to take a certain type of personality to do this setup, and keep it in check.

i could ask you the same question...what’s your experience with the combo of ET2 and Linn, but that might be very presumptive of me...no??

I stated in my previous post I never owned a Linn LP12.

I am here to share information, learn, have some fun, and try to make it through this final bit of winter.

Question

If the Linn Platter represents a clock face - at what hour position was the ET2 mounted ?