Differences between cd transports?

Howdy,I borrowed a dedicated CD transport (Musical Fidelity) from a friend. I have found that music sounds much better with his transport than with the CD player I’ve been using to spin CDs. In both cases, I am using exactly the same DAC via the optical out connection from the transport and the CD player. So: is there any rational reason that, using the same digital to analog converter, one CD spinner should sound much better than another?Thanks!  
rebbi
Astelmaszek
@geoffkait I really hope the electrician in house didn’t pull NM in the wrong direction.

>>>>My electrician uses a Push Me Pull Me. 🔛 I’m pretty sure now you aren’t gronking what we mean by the word directionality. That’s why you’re still all tangled up. We see this a lot here. No big deal.
cleed if that's true why aren't people getting the crap shocked out of them when they change ICs or speaker cables with music playing? 
@tweak1 Powered by, yes? Driven/controlled by, no? Power by DC, driven/controlled by AC in case of audio signal. Basic transistor theory.

Are you planning on ripping apart all your components, measuring resistance across each and everyone of them and switching them around if you find one with resistance higher in one direction. I'll save you some time: you won't find one like that just like you won't a piece of wire like that either. Basic physics prevents that from occurring, I don't care what you claim. 

And yes, it can all be rather easily measured with a laser pointed at each speaker driver. Just ask Devialet. I wonder why not a single cable manufacturer has ever done this to support their claims. I can tell you why. Cause they'd go bankrupt.

@geoffkait Clearly not. 
When corrected that ICs are not driven by DC within the preamp/dac/amp, but are instead AC signals:
tweak1
... if that’s true why aren’t people getting the crap shocked out of them when they change ICs or speaker cables with music playing?
Because an IC or speaker cable’s AC audio signal is very low current.