Differences between cd transports?

Howdy,I borrowed a dedicated CD transport (Musical Fidelity) from a friend. I have found that music sounds much better with his transport than with the CD player I’ve been using to spin CDs. In both cases, I am using exactly the same DAC via the optical out connection from the transport and the CD player. So: is there any rational reason that, using the same digital to analog converter, one CD spinner should sound much better than another?Thanks!  
rebbi
astel, Im talking about interconnects which transfer signal not current

hth, 
Just so there's no misunderstanding fuses in AC circuits and power cords are also directional.  All wire is directional. If you don't know what the word directionality means look it up.
@tweak1 And how do you think that "signal" gets transferred? Let me help you out: current. It never ceases to amaze me that the biggest proponents of all this voodoo have the least amount of understanding of basic principles of electronic design. Actually, it makes perfect sense.

@geoffkait I really hope the electrician in house didn't pull NM in the wrong direction.
tweak1
... aren't all ICs driven by DC within the preamp/dac/amp?
Let's hope not. Audio signals are AC.