Differences between cd transports?

Howdy,I borrowed a dedicated CD transport (Musical Fidelity) from a friend. I have found that music sounds much better with his transport than with the CD player I’ve been using to spin CDs. In both cases, I am using exactly the same DAC via the optical out connection from the transport and the CD player. So: is there any rational reason that, using the same digital to analog converter, one CD spinner should sound much better than another?Thanks!  
rebbi
@tweak1 directionality resistance with AC current? I assume you rapidly flip your cables...

@tweak1 Clearly you missed my point. Being that current (AC) constantly flows in two directions in audio, even if such a thing as directionality existed, it would make no difference. 

I'm going to start selling the latest audio tweak. You can be the first to sign up, for only $500K I'll transplant you ears of a one year old rat terrier, so you can now hear the difference between 6inch cable and a 6.5inch cable as well as too much dust having collected on your tweeter. 

In the mean time I'll enjoy my system, all connected by Canare cable, a cable used on something like 99% of studio microphones. If it's good enough to record, it's good enough to play back.
tweak1-- so you are saying that the Oppo 105 can't output SACD via coax digital?  I think that you might be right about that...

@fred60 That is correct that the Oppo can't output SACD over coax. I don't think any player can.