Differences between cd transports?

Howdy,I borrowed a dedicated CD transport (Musical Fidelity) from a friend. I have found that music sounds much better with his transport than with the CD player I’ve been using to spin CDs. In both cases, I am using exactly the same DAC via the optical out connection from the transport and the CD player. So: is there any rational reason that, using the same digital to analog converter, one CD spinner should sound much better than another?Thanks!  
rebbi
clearthinker +1!

astel.

apples and oranges. Data is not the same as the many nuances involved with hi-end audio reproduction

It is up to the designer to know their science. I have seen raw cable tested for directionality resistance. It matters

Although optical cable is not directional, the quality of the finishing of the cut is critical for music. Hi-end optical cables ends are highly polished using high powered microscopes

Aside from my coax, all my components are balanced, and although many tout that XR is only for long runs, I can hear the difference between a 0.5m and a 1.0 meter cable

hth
@tweak1 directionality resistance with AC current? I assume you rapidly flip your cables...

@tweak1 Clearly you missed my point. Being that current (AC) constantly flows in two directions in audio, even if such a thing as directionality existed, it would make no difference. 

I'm going to start selling the latest audio tweak. You can be the first to sign up, for only $500K I'll transplant you ears of a one year old rat terrier, so you can now hear the difference between 6inch cable and a 6.5inch cable as well as too much dust having collected on your tweeter. 

In the mean time I'll enjoy my system, all connected by Canare cable, a cable used on something like 99% of studio microphones. If it's good enough to record, it's good enough to play back.