Vivid Audio ???

Has anyone heard these speakers yet?
hifisoundguy
Hifisoundguy, I have not personally heard them, but on the website, The Audio Beat, they recently published a well done review that you might find interesting and informative. The reviewer compares the Vivid speakers to his Wilson Maxx 3's.

The Vivid Giya's are in a small class of the best speakers I have experienced based on their incendiary dynamic capability--ie, speed, timing, coherence, precision, pitch articulation and gravity-challenging bass response.

They have a narrow front baffle which means w-i-d-e sound-stage and small visual footprint. The word pistonic keeps coming to mind to describe their accuracy and perceived driver efficiency. They are definitely not what I would describe to be warm, rich, dull or slow sounding. They are all about accuracy and dynamics from micro to macro. Better depend on electronics, source and cable choices as voicing tools as the speakers do not do that--they are very neutral if maybe a hair on the revealing side of my idea of perfectly neutral.

They are unapologetically um, modern in appearance. I read the Audio Beat review as well and felt they nailed the general voice, value and character of the speakers. Like many other top speaker designs they will need careful attention to every set up and system choice made. I have heard them sound like a revelation in some set ups and very pedestrian in others so audition in careful circumstances is a must.

Regards,
Grant
Shunyata
Hi, I heard the Giya with Luxman's top of the range electronics in Munich last year, and they were one of the best presentations imho (in spite of a far from ideal room). It is not a secret that I personally am "hooked" on other speakers, but I do not hesitate one moment to put Vivid Giya in the champion's league. Contrary to Grant, I did not have the impression that they were too revealing (certainly not in the sense of too "technical" as opposed to "musical"), which may have been exactly on account of the electronics used.