Best Pre for ATC 100's

Looking for a pre to run my atc 100 active- thinking about tube to soften the sound - any ideas?? would like to stay in the $4-5,000 range here on agon- thanks
fluffers
I used a CA2(the older version) with a pair of the Active 20's and thought it was a great little preamp at the time. Had XLR outputs although it wasn't a truly balanced design, but still sounded great and was reasonably priced.

I don't know what the new versions of these are going for now as prices have increased quite a bit from 7-8 years ago. Tim
Check out
- Boulder
- Soulution

I personally used Boulder 1012 for 5 years and I have extremely happy with Boulder 1012 + ATC active 50/100.

I audit Soulution 720/721 + ATC active 100 and finish the whole piece of Bach 'Mass in B Minor'. So it must be good.
3rd the ATC preamp. They were designed to work with their speakers. I'm not saying nothing else is better, but I don't think there is at the price and with active ATC speakers. They're great on their own, and far better with their speakers IMO.
May I suggest better power cords and a power regenerator, and those parallel power line filters? Those have a humongous difference in the ATCs. They are very very sensitive to this sort of treatment.
Also, plenty of people I know run ATCs with tube preamps and I read online that YBA has the perfect preamps for them as well as the preamps from ATC's own line.
Don't forget to change the fuses as well. Though you need a professional to do them for you. The fuse holders are crazy hard to disassemble.
And you really should give us more details about what other components you have in your system. In particular, what dac or source are you using?