Which Class D Amplifier? PS Audio, Ghent, Nord, Merrill or other???

I’m looking for a new amp & want Class D.

I’ve seen various brands mentioned, such as PS Audio, Ghent, Nord, Merrel to name a few, but I’ve not heard any of them.

Which company is producing the best sounding Class D?
Which models should I be looking to demo?

Thanks

singintheblues
Mad respect to Colin. About 6 months ago I came very close to buying, his Ice Edge then learned more about NCore and could not decide. Complicating the purchase, Im in USA, where there is almost zero Nord resale market

Prior to my next purchase I had 2 Emerald Physics 100.2 SEs with upgraded fuses, which I found thin in the mids  (they replaced a W4S MC 250/500 multi-channel amp)  the 250 sounded different than the 500. I latter learned they were different modules

I replaced the EPs with a used Audio Alchemy DPA -1 (stereo amp: MSRP $1995), which I bought at ~ 50% off. My preamp is the AA DDP-1.(also $1995 (sans PS 5 power supply: $695).

This combination trounced the EP.  After many months I was finally able to purchase a demo PS 5 power supply at 30% off. That addition can be likened to a young boys puberty voice change.

I also am taking delivery of a slightly used (~ 300 hours) 3 piece PS Audio M700s (Ice modules) + Gain Cell dac//pre at ~ 40% off.

These class D experiences will prepare me for what comes next, but sooner or later there will be a next 

I hear you saying "BUT"

Well, this Nord could well be many people's last amp purchase, but what about GaN, etc?  The good and bad is Class D is a fast moving target. Both Ric of EVS and Ralph of Atmosphere are entering the game soon 
That’s cool news from Nord. I’ve always heard the nc1200 was better than the nc400 or 500 but not sure where the differences are. Has anybody had a chance to compare the nc1200 to the 400 or 500?
Hello guys
I have a Nord stereo power amp, two monoblocks in one chasis, with NC500 modules and the new Rev D boards with Sparkos Op Amps. It cost me about 2k.
I have no experience with other class D amps, but I've had some class A tube integrated, the last one (Line Magnetic LM-508IA integrated 300B tubes based) is a VERY rewarded one among audiophiles costed about 5k in US, with out the cost of upgrading the tubes. 
Using both as power amps and the exact same system, all I can say is that the Nord BLOWS it out of the water in EVERY field: pin point soundstage, depth, tonal accouracy, dinamics (WOW), noise, etc. May be the only thing they were close is midrange sweetness... Yes, this field in a class D amp vs a 300B class A valve amp!
The Nord costs less than a half, weigths 1/5, consumes much less power, generates much less heat and needs zero manteinance (the tubes on the LM are expensive, mostly the Power ones, and you need to replace them about once a year).
I dont know about the reselling price and for the price I've paid I dont care much, but the Nords are a bargain. My system never sounded so good!! 
Post removed