My findings on Magico V2.....what now?

Hi guys, I've finally managed to make a 250km trip to audition the Magico V2. The V2's were driven by Soulution 740 preamp and 710 power amp (each costing $40k and highly acclaimed by JV of TAS). The source used was a Soulution 745 disc player. So...the sound was G-R-E-A-T...but I sat there in the auditioning chair like a rock. To my surprise, I found myself unmoved and unstirred. By the 4th CD, I started to get bored. I felt almost none of the wonderful emotions I got when I auditioned the Avantgarde Uno G2 driven by Audio Note Meishu SET amp.

Should this experience be conclusive and enough for me to make my decision? Should I explore the V2 with other amps, say, the Pass XA100.5? As great as the Soulution combo is, they sounded sterile to me. And unfortunately the Magico dealer carries only a couple of brands for amps so I can't make any A/B comparison.
jtein
Ebm, I'm glad you like the Magicos. I've given them a fair shake on multiple occasions at some of the most reputable dealers in the US. There is no #1, just our own opinions.
Hehe....now I know that if I want to start a thread that would elicit lots of responses, all I have to do is either praise a Magico product sky-high or say something not so favorable about it!

I'm not trying to knock on Magico (#1 in Ebm's eyes). Like I said, I love the way they look and the awesome engineering that's gone into it. Before the audition, I was hoping they would end up in my living room. But after listening to them, there's no way that I can part with $18k for what I've heard. And by the way, the V2's that I auditioned were fully run-in. So were the Soulution stuff.

Anyways, does the Thiel CS3.7 share the same sonic characterictics as the V2? Thinking of auditioning them.
Jtein,

I've had Thiel's for over 10 years, and they did many things very well. Their strengths are clarity and soundstaging. They are also very energetic. I find them more musical and a better value c/w Magico. Downside is that your amplifier options are limited.

However, I think you should focus on efficient, full-range speakers which are compatible with a low powered tube amp. You've already been bitten by the bug. Do the research, and buy one. Forget about 99% of the professional reviews - they are worthless. There are lots of threads from end-users to review. It is OK to buy without an audition. You can focus on in-home auditions of SET amps and preamps once the speakers are set-up. Good luck and enjoy.
Rtn1, what amp do you partner your Thiels with? I don't necessarily have to go for SET amps/preamps. I'm thinking of Pass XA.5 series or the Parasound JC1/JC2.
There are many GREAT speakers MAGICO is just ONE everyone likes what they like. You vote with your ear and your wallet you have to live with what you choose!! Lets hear from some HAPPY MAGICO OWNERS!!