My findings on Magico V2.....what now?

Hi guys, I've finally managed to make a 250km trip to audition the Magico V2. The V2's were driven by Soulution 740 preamp and 710 power amp (each costing $40k and highly acclaimed by JV of TAS). The source used was a Soulution 745 disc player. So...the sound was G-R-E-A-T...but I sat there in the auditioning chair like a rock. To my surprise, I found myself unmoved and unstirred. By the 4th CD, I started to get bored. I felt almost none of the wonderful emotions I got when I auditioned the Avantgarde Uno G2 driven by Audio Note Meishu SET amp.

Should this experience be conclusive and enough for me to make my decision? Should I explore the V2 with other amps, say, the Pass XA100.5? As great as the Soulution combo is, they sounded sterile to me. And unfortunately the Magico dealer carries only a couple of brands for amps so I can't make any A/B comparison.
jtein
interesting point by extension. If you dont like or get excited by what you hear in a dealer the implication is that perhaps you should get them anyway and work out the "kinks"? I can see what you mean but that sort of implies that the Wow factor is often a temporary artifact or something? FOr me the wow is usually dealing with clarity of most often vocals or instrumentals like guitar. I think clarity of both is what makes it for me. BTW no flaming or arguing going on here, rather curious about this strategy for lack of a better word. What am I missing Mariv26?
Paulsa,

Many times, what appears to be a "clarity of vocals or instrumentals like guitar" is simply elevated upper midrange lower trebles cause by poor XO work and driver integration. Many loudspeakers guys out there have made a good living doing just that. It may be exciting but it is certainly not "right". Put a good piano recording or a violin and see what it sounds like. It take experience and willingness to explore these issues to identify these pitfalls.
why dont you try listening to the magico on a different occasion and maybe try bringing your own set of cd's a see what reckons.
I heard the magico a few times. Great as they are, i really don't have the slight itch to buy them or anything like that.
While i find the sound very good, well, thats about it.
nonetheless, there will always be speakers or amps that will leave you a good impression the 1st time around & the only way to really say they are for you is to give them another run the 2nd time around.
Good luck!!!
Nolitan, I did bring my own set of favourite CDs to audition the Magicos. I just couldn't get into the music, even with my favourite CDs! It sounded totally uninvolving. For example, I couldn't hear the timbre and character of the piano played by Theolonius Monk (Live At The IT Club) which I did with the Avantgarde/AudioNote set-up. Guess it's time to move on. Which is a shame, because I really liked the way the Magicos look and the engineering that's gone into it.