My findings on Magico V2.....what now?

Hi guys, I've finally managed to make a 250km trip to audition the Magico V2. The V2's were driven by Soulution 740 preamp and 710 power amp (each costing $40k and highly acclaimed by JV of TAS). The source used was a Soulution 745 disc player. So...the sound was G-R-E-A-T...but I sat there in the auditioning chair like a rock. To my surprise, I found myself unmoved and unstirred. By the 4th CD, I started to get bored. I felt almost none of the wonderful emotions I got when I auditioned the Avantgarde Uno G2 driven by Audio Note Meishu SET amp.

Should this experience be conclusive and enough for me to make my decision? Should I explore the V2 with other amps, say, the Pass XA100.5? As great as the Soulution combo is, they sounded sterile to me. And unfortunately the Magico dealer carries only a couple of brands for amps so I can't make any A/B comparison.
jtein
I just heard the Mini II with ASR and the M5 with Solution, both with Brinkman turntables. Sterile is not how I would describe what I heard. For me, it was the closest I've heard to the sound of the Boston Symphony Orchestra. Very clean and detailed, with incredibly accurate scale and staging. The equipment simply dissapeared. Completely involving. However, I also heard the V2 with Moon? electronics and a VPI table and it did nothing for me. The V2 with Spectral and SME was great in a different setting. I think it has a lot to do with set up and associated equipment.
I've read the Hi-Fi Avenue blog whereby a Malaysian dealer connected their V2+Soulution combo demo using their own home brew cabling throughout--could that be the same dealer? Did you try connecting them with other cable make as well? Transparent as they are--the Magico and Soulution, that in my humble experience a single cable can make or break the resulting sound.

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue47/soulution_710.htm

Above is link to a review of the amp with particular mention to cable sensitivity. Imo, when transparent meets neutrality ie. V2+Soulution, every little bit of dialing-in effort into getting the set-up just right matters--big time.

But then again, if the Avantgarde Audionote sound floats your boat, my guess is that the Magico-Soulution combo might not be to your taste/liking regardless of further fine tuning. I loved my Tannoy+Ongaku set-up from many many moons ago, as I recalled, they too sound awesome for my taste then, yet could not be more different than to what I am currently used to--taste evolved.
move on. for that kind of money I would want to be blown away. it is sort of unfair to blame the speakers for what may or may not be the "fault" of the electronics but there you go, it happens. If you really think you will like them maybe the dealer will work with you for more auditioning with different stuff. Could be other things though. 4 CD's seems enough though. On the other hand what do I know? Never even been in the same room with speakers over $25K so I'll shut the hell up.
The Soulution equipment is definitely run-in. So is the V2, for sure.

Yep Bvdiman, that's the dealer. It's the only dealer carrying Magico in Malaysia. I didn't try them with other cable makes. Guess I was overawed by the whole set-up (the cables, power cords, power conditioner which is also made by him) so I dared not ask for the thing to be altered.

I guess the only way to know is to listen to more speakers of different makes.