Why not horns?

I've owned a lot of speakers over the years but I have never experienced anything like the midrange reproduction from my horns. With a frequency response of 300 Hz. up to 14 Khz. from a single distortionless driver, it seems like a no-brainer that everyone would want this performance. Why don't you use horns?
macrojack
I have 3 Acoustat TNT200 and an Acoustat TNT120. All just rebuilt by Roy Esposito of Sounds Like New. As I've stated before, 'I don wanna buy a tube amp'. So I will be using a 4 way Marchand cross-over. I have all the drivers and a line on a reputable cab builder. I'm hoping to have them set up by late summer. Actually, I have a Dynaco ST-70 with an upgrade/mod kit that's been sitting around for a few years. It came with a cd installation manual but when I finally decided to tackle it this past weekend, I discovered my recently acquired MacBook Air doesn't have a cd port. What the heck?! So much for paying attention at the Apple Store.
Csontos, Any updates on your application with the JBL 4345 system. If they actually were able to and had also succeeded to"rip your head off" I will expect no response.
Why not horns? Because the USA press killed them for the US market over 30 years ago and most audiophiles are naive enough to believe what they read. In the Far East they never gave up on horns and I can assure you, it's not because they are deaf. Far from it, they never took several horrible wrong turns that the USA audio market did, following the magazine founders, and then the sycophant reviewers they hired, like they were gods.