Technics vs. Focal

I'm being offered Technics SB-C700 and Focal Aria 906 both at $850

One local home theater store loves the Technics while the other immediately dismissed them over the Focals.

I was wondering what this communities thoughts were on either brand?
128x128mlenow
That is a silly, undefensible, and arbitrary statement, proclamation and accusation the greatest and most influential component in any music reproduction system is the room itself and for you to deny, reject, or ignore this simple, absolute, established fact reflects ignorance on your part virtually any speaker can sound bright depending not only on the exact, specific room and its acoustic characteristics but also the associated components that comprise the specific music reproduction system used to conduct the evaluation and arrive at a result, conclusion, and determination.

The longest run on sentence I've seen in the history of this forum.  I laughed out loud.

Or should I say -- "This particular, specific, one of a kind post is perhaps, possibly, per chance the most lengthy, long winded, time consuming piece, segment, or sample of writing I have ever read on the internet, the web, a forum, or series of tubes I laughed out loud."
contuzzi,

You almost got it right. 

You should have ended with...I laughed out loud, noisy, and astonished.
mlenow; Hi there.... I own a pair of the white Technics and love them. Can you send me the contact info of the store that is selling them at $850? I might get a pair in black. Regards. Harry Jadwani
[email protected]
416-799-6339

Thanks. btw never heard Focals, so I can't comment. But a point-source and a conventional 2-way will have differences in coherence unless the 2-way is designed very well. Regards.
Post removed