Mint LP provides Stevenson Alignment

First, I happen to own and like a Mint LP protractor, but over the course of time it has become obvious to me that no one up to now has pointed out that it is providing the Stevenson alignment.  I have even read several self appointed  experts here argue vehemently that either Lofgren or Baerwald alignments are far superior to Stevenson, but then go on to equally strongly advocate the use of the Mint LP.  If ever there were an argument that alignment is somewhat over emphasized in our hobby, this is perhaps a good example of the truth of that thought.  Recently I bought a Feickert protractor, which is very easy to use and have tried all the alignments using it.  I can hear differences, but not always, certainly not on every track of every record, and honestly they are all good.  So don't get you pants in a bunch over this trivial issue.
billstevenson
Post removed 
I have even read several self appointed experts here argue vehemently that either Lofgren or Baerwald alignments are far superior to Stevenson
Stevenson optimizes end-of-side play — namely it reduces distortion intrinsic to the inner grooves' diameter and velocity. This makes sense with much Classical music, which often ends with a fortissimo finale that's harder to track. The finale of Mahler's Third, for example, taxes any alignment and Stevenson handles it best — even so, it can't match a linear-tracking arm with (theoretically) zero trackng error.

Personally, I'd rather have a bit more distortion on other parts of the LP, where it's less noticeable, than at the place where it's most noticeable.

All these alignment theories are great for mathematicians because in their imaginary world of intellectual perfections these things matter. Not only do they matter, they are everything.
Whether these 'obsessive' mathematicians actually exist or not, the idea that 'lowest average distortion' over the course of an entire side is better than 'lowest distortion where it's most distorted' is a questionable notion.
@noromance, yes. @flatblackround, a protractor is the tool you use to set your cartridge up on the tables arm for optimum results.
Eyeballing
yes tp the record surface.  A good perfectly flat record, selected by eyeballing.  The platter is already level determined by....you guessed it... a level.  If the cantilever is straight, as it should be, then a 90 degree angle should be achieved And can be verified with use of a small mirror.  Dial in by raising or lowering arm to change  stylus angle.   This is how I have done it for 40 years.  Careful listening to test albums tells me I can’t be that far off. Or maybe I just have poor  hearing.
I mean, like @flatblackround, I use a level and ensure P2S and overhang are correct per arm manufacturer. VTA is set by eye and then by listening. VTF by ear at lower end of manufacturer's spec. Azimuth by eye using a straw 90° headshell. Maybe it's because I've been doing it for 30+ years but I'd be gobsmacked if a protractor made a difference.