Thoughts about the Magico A3, Revel Salon2/ Studio2

Just curious to find out what are the thoughts of the Magico A3 ? I do not have the opportunity of listening to the pair as the dealer is in another state but it maybe worth heading upstate to audition them.

So far, I have listened to the Revel Salon 2s that I really like. The Revel sounded very extremely neutral, detailed and are easy to position. As much as they are good, they seemed pretty dated judging that they are over 10 years old but that being said, there are not many speakers like it these days.

Just wanted to find out what the overall characteristics of the A3 are, pros and cons. 
bob82
Both speakers “sound power” are down ~15 dB at 20K ("listening window" on the Revel actually deviate down more then the Magico), they just, conveniently, gave the Revel graphs more smoothing, so it is harder to see (Note the Magico scale is a bit larger). I also like how they pick on some Magico “bumps, but say nothing on their own (look at the 228 tweeter at 5K). The biggest difference will be the upper midrange, the Revel is more forward, and will sound more “present”. That can also explain a preference in A/B testing but may prove fatiguing for long terms listening (i.e., the "BBC dip"). Most experience audiophiles will agree that flat FR tend to sound too bright. These speakers were design by engineers, that may be doing too much A/B testing and not enough listening ;)
There are other things to consider, JA just published his own measurements, where you can see some serious issues with the enclosure around 250Hz (you can also see it in the impedance curve). I suspect the A3, being made out of aluminum will have none of these issues. Nevertheless, two well engineered products.
@mzkmxcv 

Rubinson's high frequency hearing must be pretty limited at this point. I don't see how anyone could think the Salon 2 or F228BE are indistinguishable. The F228BE is a more forward speaker and clearly has more energy above 7k in the off-axis measurements.
Two great speakers.  Trouble is, at this level it really all comes down to personal preference and system synergy, because all speakers are pretty damn good at this price level.  By the way, what upstream electronics are you running and what's your room situation?  These are big variables.  Reading between the lines, it sounds to me as if you really like the Revels, but you didn't really fall in love with them to the point where you said to yourself -- I GOTTA HAVE'EM!!!  To me, at this price level, you have to be fiercely triggered to the I GOTTA HAVE'EM level, or you're just compromising.  So, while you've identified two excellent speakers, there are many others in this price range that could very well trigger that enthusiasm.  Here are some others you should definitely explore if at all possible (especially if you don't get that I GOTTA HAVE'EM response) as they all do their own wonderful things that might give you that big jolt...

Vandersteen Quattro
Joseph Audio Perspective
ProAc D48R
Usher BE10
Boenicke W11
Silverline Bolero Supreme
ATC active 40

Not to muddy the waters, but until you hear THE ONE that just knocks you back on your heels, you owe it to yourself to keep looking.  FWIW, and best of luck in your search!

I own the Magico A3's and become happier and happier with my purchase as time goes by. My dealer told me they take about 200 hrs. to break in, and he was right. The earlier hyper-detail and too forceful bass have given way to magical realism (no pun intended) and very tight, strong bass. For floorstanders, their soundstaging and "disappearing act" are magnificent, nearly equaling monitors. With the right components and cables, these are breathtaking, eminently "livable" speakers. And for the price, they are an absolute steal.
Neal
Inviticus you are clueless about revels testing procedures, why the giant grudge against them?