Why not horns?

I've owned a lot of speakers over the years but I have never experienced anything like the midrange reproduction from my horns. With a frequency response of 300 Hz. up to 14 Khz. from a single distortionless driver, it seems like a no-brainer that everyone would want this performance. Why don't you use horns?
macrojack
Big world, Herman. Where would one "stop by" for a demo?

I'm pretty interested in Pure Vinyl. Have been thinking about springing for the upcoming Parasound JC-3 phono section but I just sold my Technics SP-10 because we don't play records much these days. I have another Technics table and I intend to continue the option but I'm not sure I want to tie up that much money. I don't have your time delay issue - mine is only about 16 - 18 inches and could be dealt with physically by just shifting the horns forward. I guess I'll see if my prosound guy keeps our appointment this time. He's had to postpone twice.
What's an RME and how easy is it to choose settings and set EQ? If Pure Vinyl works so well in your system where there is no room for error, I have to think it could make me very happy if it is convenient enough for me to operate. I'm really looking for a "set and forget" circumstance. I've had enough hobby - now I just want carefree use.
The rest of my hesitation comes from a feeling of ineptitude when it comes to computers. They drive me crazy. I finally bought an Imac last summer and that has helped a lot. Windows drove me to the point of wanting to shoot my Dell.
M'Jack, you know I post things like "stop by" and then get to thinking about all of the wackos on the internet (not you) and get nervous about having strangers stop by. Call me paranoid but you never know. John Wayne Gacy seemed like such a nice guy.

RME is a company that makes pro-audio interfaces. There are a lot of options..Lynx, Aurora, Weiss, etc.

Pure Vinyl is pretty easy to use but any software that is flexible is going to have some sort of learning curve. Once set up you just boot it up. It runs on Macs so you are halfway home.
Herman,

Although I am a audio wacko, I am sure you did not mean me. By the way, I do need to get up to you new home to hear the upgrades. I hope the invitation is still valid.

T
Herman -
If you are in the U.S. would it be too risky to provide the first 3 digits of your zip code? That way those of us who pose an acceptable risk could have an idea whether to consider further pursuit of the topic. I live in 81521 and I feel pretty certain you are too far away for me to visit as I seldom travel more than 50 miles from home.
Macrojack,

Let me give you a hint. The former Bronco quarterback now working in Chicago grew up close to Herman's current residence.