CD Got Absolutely Crushed By Vinyl

No comparison, CD always sounds so cold and gritty. Vinyl is so much warmer, smoother and has better imaging and much greater depth of sound. It’s like watching the world go by through a dirty window pane when listening to a CD. Put the same LP on the turntable and Voila! Everything takes on more vibrancy, fullness and texture. 
128x128sleepwalker65
Post removed 
Clearly, the OP and many others in this (and the zillion identical) threads, conflate *preference* with *fact*. Both mediums can sound great, with recording and mastering having the greatest impact IME.  In the end, though, when *you* think the vinyl kills the CD and I think the reverse, in the same listening session, *neither* of us is wrong. Get over it.
It all depends. In my library listening room I have 6 systems with 9 pairs of speakers, four cd players, 2 DACs, two turntables and more cartridges than I can count. I listen to classical, jazz and rock. With each type of music I could convince you one way or the other with the same amplification and speaker system depending on the player, DAC or turntable/cartridge combination. I can play a new to me LP and almost immediately know whether it will sound better with different preamp/amp including tube vs. ss. Just experienced this last night. Same orchestra and era. Lush symphonic piece amazing on a tube system followed by powerful piano concerto sounding like crap in comparison. Switched the amp setup. Another experience entirely. I have many of the same recordings on lp and red label. It’s often a hard choice which way to go. There is no answer, obviously. At least to me.
@khughes  

In the end, though, when *you* think the vinyl kills the CD and I think the reverse, in the same listening session, *neither* of us is wrong. Get over it. 

Really? “Get over it”? Really? Now isnt isn’t that a conflicting picture you paint of yourself against the opinions of others? If you truly believed what you say, you’d not be threatened by this thread. 
Dear @sleepwalker65;  """  digital is only an imitation, analog is the real and lasting thing. """

Really? how did you arrived to that no sense statement or where did you experienced that? where?

Where are your facts, the true and real foundation for that statement.

Did you understand what @mikelavigne posted?, seems to me that you did not.

I followed @mikelavigne just from I started in Agon when I were looking for " fantastic " room audio systems and let me tell you that in Agon and in other internet forums exist several way more expensive systems that the one Mike owns.

The main difference why I always " listen " when he speaks is that almost all the other truly truly expensive systems are more hardware lovers than true MUSIC Lovers and @mikelavigne belongs to these ones.

It's not only about money but self knowledge levels. He is a MUSIC lover no mtters the media source and he is wise enough to listen and likes the digital alternative too.

IMHO, this is the kind of gentlemans where we all always have something to learn if we are willing to learn but it looks you are not and like to follow people with very low udio/music knowledge levels.

Good for you because you live hppy with and this is for you what it matters.

Regards and enjoy the MUSIC NOT DISTORTIONS,
R.